Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Sky Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open Sky Card

Hello! I am trying to rebuild my credit and I finally received my Open Sky CC. Literally, today! Do I need to pay the annual fee immediately or do I wait until I receive the actual statement? TIA. Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Open Sky Card

First of all congrats! 

Is this your only cc? If so how much is your limit and fee? If the fee is more than 30%, pay it under thirty 30% and let the rest post. Good luck! 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Long story short, i do not have any current revolving cc's. I have two that show as active with a limit but they do not have a balance and I've not used them for years. Not sure why they still show. The rest were closed. I do have 2 in collections that I'm planning on paying this year to get them cleared.

I opened the Open Sky with $200. My fee was $35. I activated it but there's no due date or statement date listed yet.

I really want to get my credit better! Credit Karma shows it at 526 and 518. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You do not have to pay the annual service fee before using your card. I do advise paying your charges against the card 4-5 days before the statement cuts.

Open Sky reports to all three credit bureaus on the first of each month. I notice on myfico that it shows up on the 3rd of the month with EX, the 5th for EQ and the 15th for TU.

You'll want to sign up for electronic statements; otherwise you will be charged for a paper statement.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I did notice that so I switched to electronic.  It still it not showing any due date at all. I just went ahead and paid part of it to see how long it would take for the payment to post.  Waiting to see any effect on my CR, nothing yet.  But... we went and bought a vehicle this weekend so I have no idea how my CR is going to be affected now. Smiley Frustrated  I wasn't thinking, should've only did it my hubby's name but stupid me did the paperwork.  

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed up with email alerts and it states the 28th of the month.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@staton70

Any updates on the effects of your credit scores? Just curious as  i am in the process of farming/gardening myself. Looking to try to apply for this.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jkuth1
It's been half a year... I would NOT hold my breath waiting an update 😊

Notice you banged a couple of ancient threads = no biggie reading them but 6-12 month or more threads are likely dead to decent responses

If after reading something, go ahead and start a new thread and folks are way more likely to see it and respond😀

Good Luck and Welcome
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! It did help! It opened the door for more credit offers as well, and my score is now around 600. Still definitely a work in progress though!
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on taking the first step. OpenSky is a decent little secured card and has launched many credit building journeys. Let your profile grow some with a good payment history and you will be able to get unsecured cards. Just be wary of the creditphiles with predatory practices.

Bring questions about cards to the forum for further help but in the future find a 'newer' thread or start a new one. No one will bite your head off for starting a new thread. 😀
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.