cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Sky, Do I Pay Now or Wait Until I Get Statement?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Open Sky, Do I Pay Now or Wait Until I Get Statement?

If you go onto your online account it should say what your minimum payment is so far, like i said for me they made me pay the whole 35 on the first bill

Message 11 of 14
SirTilus
Contributor

Sounds like mine. My AF was the only charge on there and when it reported, it did show 18% utilized so wait until the statement is cut and pay (the whole balance). It does take a while to post so don't wait until the week of. What I did was add my Netflix and my daughter's ABC mouse subscription to be charged to it monthly so the utilization will be low. My limit on that card is $200.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dznen1 wrote:

I think that I will go ahead and pay the AF now, just to be on the safe side.  How long after you received your card, did you get your first statement?  Should I call and ask when my statement will cut?  Do I let the AF report before paying?

It has been over a month since I pulled my scores but they were: 

Fico 8--EX 533, EQ 575, TU 527

Since that time I have had 3 EE's and my Rebuilder Loan is reporting to 2 of the CRA's.  I have call my cu to correct this.  I still have about 8 collections, three to four will fall off between January and April of next year.

Thanks

I would not worry too much about trying to maximize UTI until you have three or more cards. Just don't let it report over 80%.

Message 13 of 14
MJVBAK
Regular Contributor

I paid online as soon as I got my card, it took 3 days for that payment to post. 

I then cut my card up, I didn't want any issues with payments posting ontime and messing up my CR.   Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.