Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open TL's?

tag
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

Open TL's?

I know it probably depends on your overall report, but is there any kind of "guidelines" for the number of  Current or Open TL's to help maximize your scores?  I have 5 open TL's reporting on TU and 3 open TL's on EX & EQ.   

Starting Score: 573 (EX Faco) | Current Scores: EX(Fico) 674, EQ(Fico) 668, TU(Fico) 691
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Open TL's?

Its generally recommended to have 3-5 revolving accounts - Bank Cards ideally, 1 installment account (auto, student or personal loan), and one mortgage account.

Message 2 of 4
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

The mortgage account isn't going to happen for a few years.  But I'm good then on the TU side with 3 CC's and 2 installment loans (car & motorcycle).  Unfortunately, on EX & EQ I only have the 3 CC's reporting.

Starting Score: 573 (EX Faco) | Current Scores: EX(Fico) 674, EQ(Fico) 668, TU(Fico) 691
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@KellyP25721 wrote:

The mortgage account isn't going to happen for a few years.  But I'm good then on the TU side with 3 CC's and 2 installment loans (car & motorcycle).  Unfortunately, on EX & EQ I only have the 3 CC's reporting.

Open a small secured loan with SDFCU for $500@36 months. They report to all three bureaus. You won't get a lot of points but every one helps.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.