Racerx34

Open auto loan reporting as closed on EQ?

[ Edited ]

I just noticed that my EQ and EX reports are showing one of our Open auto loans as "Closed" with an open balance of 8,000.  TU has it reported correctly as "Open".  I called the lender and verified that it is open and in good standing.  

Since this is showing up as the major anchor dragging down my EQ FICO (540!!!), I wanted to see if anyone here could provide an opinion of how negative this is likely to be viewed by the FICO algorithm.

Thanks in advance!

Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: Open Ally account listed as closed on EX and EQ but open on TU

Welcome to the forums!

I think your post might get more attention in the rebuilding forum, so I'm going to move there. Good luck!

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (09-16-2014): EQ 824, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1 (Amex 07-15-2014)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}