Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open to Suggestions

tag
jrrsmith18
Contributor

Open to Suggestions

Been on myfico for a while to try and fix my credit which I ruined in college 2 years ago and I've had some small success in repairing but I think I've hit the brick wall. Earlier this year I opened a first premier card and credit one cards, they've both been reporting for 6 months. I've settled with both charge off cards capital one had earlier this year as well, and they just extended credit to me again with the QS1 (300 limit/ credit steps, hasn't hit my credit report yet). I'm trying to get the most out of the steps program by running a lot through the card and paying in full each week, statement closes tmrw and I left 10 reporting.

Still left is an unpaid us bank student card which reports monthly; they will settle for 430 and pra for 530 (old walmart card), on top of the two charge off trade lines reported by cap one. Besides playing the utilization game what else can I do besides wait? Obviously I have to pay those two baddies but once I do am I stuck with these on my report for the next 5 years? I read all the GW stories and PDFs but I'm stuck dealing with the most difficult of creditors. I tried the cap one EO and no success on either account, us bank will not reopen, remove, nor anything beneficial to my reports neither will Gecrb, and everyone knows how pra is. Does anyone have any ideas what should be my next move?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gagirl82
Regular Contributor

Re: Open to Suggestions

I think you should focus on building new thread lines.  Sometimes it helps to water down the bad by adding some good.

Message 2 of 4
jrrsmith18
Contributor

I was thinking about going that way, just didn't want to open new accounts and keep them good just to water down the bad stuff, I already have 3 credit cards and didn't want to get more. I was thinking in about 3 months when my new car and fingerhut reach 6 months to try and ditch first premier and credit one for different cards. At that point all that should be considered new is my QS1.

Another question, does it matter if I just settled for less than full balance with us bank and pra? Just to get them to stop reporting. I'm guessing it would be bad for a manual review for like a house but anything else?
Message 3 of 4
jrrsmith18
Contributor

bump
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.