Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenSky Secure Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OpenSky Secure Card

@jmitch190 wrote:

@Anonymous I would love to get a secured Capital One or their "rebuilding" card but I have an unpaid charge off dating back to 2012. It has dropped from my EQ and TR, but still has EXP reporting. My scores are between 485 and 530. I have a few problems on Chexsystems so some of the great options on this board are limited. I hope that helps.

Cap One only has a twelve month blackout for charged off accounts. Yours is well past that. If its still reporting a balance then you should settle it.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have a link to the "Application" for the Cap One Rebuilder card?

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the link, but another member mentioned that the online app is not working so you would need to call to apply.

https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/credit-builder-program/?Log=1&EventType=Link&ComponentType=T...

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recommend Open Sky. They don't hold payments @ all. Trust me, I know. They were my first Rebuild, and I've had them for almost 2 years.
If you know how to go online and set up a Bill payment using your bank account, then you're good to go.

You can either draft a payment from your bank account website or from openskycc.com (using the routing and acct #). It is easy and fast and there is no holding of any payments.
I'm not sure why someone would mail in a payment, when we are in the 21st century.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@I recommend Open Sky. They don't hold payments @ all. Trust me, I know. They were my first Rebuild, and I've had them for almost 2 years.
If you know how to go online and set up a Bill payment using your bank account, then you're good to go.

You can either draft a payment from your bank account website or from openskycc.com (using the routing and acct #). It is easy and fast and there is no holding of any payments.
I'm not sure why someone would mail in a payment, when we are in the 21st century.

I can't remember the last time I mailed a payment in, to be honest.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^ I agree.  I don't even know the going rate of a stamp these days!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.