cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinion:PFD Response Letter(Wording From CO)

tag
kenspi67
Valued Member

Opinion:PFD Response Letter(Wording From CO)

Hello All .. I wanted to get some opinions on this letter I recieved in response to my letter for a 50% settlement / pay for delete to Debt Rec. Solutions. My letter clearly states "pay for delete", and includes time lines of when I expected their response in writing. Pictured is the letter they responded with. Pay attention to the wording.. "Settle, Less than full" .. etc .. Am I being paranoid ? haha ..thanks ..  below is a link to the pic .. cant figure out how to upload a pic ..

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/BronxBooster/media/IMG_0647_zpsiz9zwlws.jpg.html

April 2015:
Exp:589 | Trans:587 | Equ:587
Present:
Exp:774 | Trans:805 | Equ:780

Garden Date:04/02/2016
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Opinion:PFD Response Letter(Wording From CO)

According to the letter, they aren't going to delete the collection but mark it paid and add a comment of paid less than amount owed. They are giving you a deadline to try to push you into this.

Most of the time, unless the debt is past the SOL in your state, a negotiation for a PFD will not be successful unless you offer the full amount.
Message 2 of 10
kenspi67
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
According to the letter, they aren't going to delete the collection but mark it paid and add a comment of paid less than amount owed. They are giving you a deadline to try to push you into this.

Most of the time, unless the debt is past the SOL in your state, a negotiation for a PFD will not be successful unless you offer the full amount.

This debt is from 2010, however it didn't come on my CR til Jan 2014 .. I might just pay it, atleast show i took care of it on my report .. thanks for the response

April 2015:
Present:

Message 3 of 10
kenspi67
Valued Member

good thing I have this site as a resource .. so i poked around, and if i would of went ahead w their offer i would of really screwed my Fico score up, and potential borrowing in the future .. being marked as "settled, not full balance" could potentially give the perception to lenders that they can't rely on me to pay in full .. even read in several spots that i would take a major score hit as well .. I'm gonna counter offer a paid in full for a delete ..

April 2015:
Present:

Message 4 of 10
MrsDoe

Let us know how the counter offer goes. I'm curious to see if they are willing to delete it from your credit report for a payment of the full amount.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Within the last 6 months I had a 6k student loan charge off and 2.5k in medical collections removed from pfd negotiations.
Message 7 of 10
kenspi67
Valued Member

yesssss..... success .. called this morning, and was able to get a pay for delete ... However, I need to pay the full balance. They did send me an email confirming the deletion upon receipt of payment ... I was so so close to taking their "settlement" offer .. I would of been effed ... 

April 2015:
Present:

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice work
Message 9 of 10
kenspi67
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
Nice work

thank you .. thanks for your original response .. caused me to take a step back and dig deeper .. 

April 2015:
Present:

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.