Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinion: Will this process work?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opinion: Will this process work?

I had a CH7 that discharged in Jan 2015. Sadly i didn’t take the immediate steps to rebuild for numerous reason as far a new trade lines.

Currently i have a secured Cap1 since Aug 2017 for $200 that i payoff monthly and make sure when the statement cuts its only show 1-30% utilization, An auto loan that i got in October who’s 1st payment was 12/3/17, a Secured USAA Amex for $200 that just came in the mail today, a self lending loan for $1K who’s first payment is Jan 2018, AND I’m considering adding a secured discover IT card that i was already approved for. That would give me an personal loan, installment loan and 3 credit cards all reporting positively.

I know the two, and if I add the discover card, three credit cards are all secured but I’m hoping my payment history will get me in the good graces with the CCC’s.

Do you think this is a good “workflow” ? What type of conservative increases could/should i expect to see?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Opinion: Will this process work?

Time to garden and don't app for toy cards. They will lock you in store card hell. Take a breather in the garden.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your plan is perfect.

Follow the AZEO method to minimize interest and maximize FICO points. See my 11 rules signature link for details.

You'll see major score improvements over 2018 as long as you keep utilization low and pay debt on time.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think I should open the Discover IT? That would give me 3 credit cards
Message 4 of 5
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you think I should open the Discover IT? That would give me 3 credit cards

Yes. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.