cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinion of how this is impacting my score?

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Opinion of how this is impacting my score?

Hello,

I am wondering if those that are more knowledable than myself on the topic of FICO scores might be able to tell me how my accounts might be impacting my scores overall, whether good or bad.  Basically, I have very low until on credit cards, but one large line of credit that was taken out for home improvements and such.  The line of credit shows as a revolving account and is unsecured, therefore I am pretty sure that it is showing as part of the overall until. 

CC #1    $3,000 / $9,100
CC #2    $100 / $25,100
CC #3    $200 / $20,000
CC #4    $0 / $10,000
CC #5    $0 / $25,800
CC #6    $0 / $ 4,000
CC #7    $0 / $ 5,000

Line of Credit   48,000 / $53,000

As you can see, not that much is used on the credit cards.  I beleive that these accounts are only about 3%, however the line of credit account is about 90%.  If all of these are accounted together, as I beleive they are on my credit reports, then the until percentage is about 33%. 

I know that 33% is very high, however I am curious about how the fact that nearly all of this is in one account, may be helping or hurting my scores. 

I apprcaite any thoughts!

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Re: Opinion of how this is impacting my score?

The LOC is the one that is killing you, paying it down will help tremedously.
Message 2 of 3
tiff
Regular Contributor

Re: Opinion of how this is impacting my score?

If at all possible, try to get the LOC below 10%.   I just learned myself that HELOCs are revolving accounts. 

Very important to know that!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.