Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions? Before I pay off some collections? Hoping for PFD's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opinions? Before I pay off some collections? Hoping for PFD's

ok... so.. I am stressing first and foremost that I will botch this and miss an opportunity for a PFD.  

I'm also worried that paying them could somehow lower my score? (would being a paid collection vs deleted impact this?)

I've improved over 80 pts since this time last year and have gotten a used auto loan at 5.78% and had my 1 secured card go unsecured and increase from $300 to $1k limit, so I feel like things are moving in the right direction. 

I've been saving and now have enough to pay all of these in full. (T MOBILE is my last priority as it will fall off naturally in May 2017)

I know there's a hippa process for medical, but I'm sure these are mine.  I'm not trying to get out of paying them, just would like the TL deleted rather than showing as paid collection. 

Thanks in advance guys.  Any questions let me know.  

CONVERGENT OUTSOURCING$1,028.00TMOBILE
NATIONAL RECOVERY AGEN$80.00OB/GYN
RECEIVABLE MANAGEMENT$626.00UNKNOWN MEDICAL
SOUTHWEST CREDIT SYSTEM$296.00COMCAST
PP&L$328.00UTILITY
PP&L$494.00UTILITY
PP&L$318.00UTILITY
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

Re: Opinions? Before I pay off some collections? Hoping for PFD's

You might be able to get Comcast to recall it and pay them directly. 

FICO 08:Jan 18, 2017: EX 800 EQ 725 TU 799
FICO 08:Feb 10, 2017: EX 788 EQ 772 TU 791 (post New Year's app spree)
In the garden as of 1/4/2017. Will remain for all of 2017.
Message 2 of 4
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

FYI, if T Mobile is going to fall off in May, you can get a EE from TU NOW (Just dispute as too old - they will delete 6 months before it ages off). Ex will EE in March Smiley Happy

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 4
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

A couple of things come to mind.  Are you past the SOL for these debts?  Offering a PFD over the phone is the way to go.  The reason I say over the phone is if you do this in writing there is a likelihood the TL could be updated and a good possibility you will see a score drop.  Once you have secured an agreement to PFD, then pay.  Even if you pay and they update the account as opposed to deleting, you have the satisfaction of knowing you have met your obligations.  Eventually your score will follow your clean CR's.

If you are most concerned about your scores because of a near term possibility of a mortgage, auto loan etc., the underwriter will most assuredly require that the CO's and CA's be dealt with.  My suggestion as always to people in this situation, is to always address the debt and increase the health of your report first.  Your scores will then increase even if they do take a hit.  This takes time.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.