cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions on collection Accounts please.

tag
Twoslow50

Opinions on collection Accounts please.

I have a few collection accounts currently that I would really appreciate any info/ help with.

Long story short, I was in an accident in September  2012. I was rear ended and not at fault. It took about 6 months to settle and I did not have my own insurance coverage so within a couple months everything was sent to collections. I was compensated by the auto insurance company but since everything was sent to collections I just figured I'd wait until they would settle for less.  These accounts were already in collections and from what I understand payment on the accounts would not erase the negative mark.

Recently i've been cleaning up my credit to improve my scores for a mortgage. Currently In collections I have 2 radiology bills from the same company but separate amounts. Both under 200$ each but they were sent to collections. Both accounts are appearing under my experian and transunion. These collections have really hurt my scores. My equifax is clear of any collections and is currently a 758. My transuinion and experian are sitting both around 660-670 because of these small collections! I did pay these collections so they report with a 0$ balance but when I called the CA to try and get these removed from my reports they just said "we don't remove these accounts in exchange for payment" Any advice?

I also have an outstanding hospital bill from the same incident for around 4200$ This bill has not been paid and at one time was reported on my transuinion report but has not been on there since september 2013.  I recently received a letter from a CA on this account that said they had been "assigned" to collect this debt. I called to see what the account could be settled for and not be reported to the credit bureaus. The lady right away told me that they would never report the debt period that they are just to collect the debt. She said it should have already been reported previously. So now I'm not sure what to do? Do I just not pay it since it's not affecting my score right now? Is there a chance that it's going to appear again out of nowhere? What if I do pay it and then the hospital decides to add it to my report with a "Paid 0 balance"? I'm also worried about  possibly getting sued for the debt and ending up with a judgement or something..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.