Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optima Recovery Medical PFD

tag
RichieNY
Contributor

Optima Recovery Medical PFD

So I do not want to do the whole HIIPA process (sorry if the abbrev is wrong) because the debt is only $78.

They verified the debt so this morning I faxed them stating I'd like to do a PFD because it is hurting my credit score.

Shortly after the fax they called me and said "Mr. Bailey I will go ahead and delete this off your reports if you pay in full."

I said "OK, GREAT!, fax me or mail me stating this"

She said "our firm does not do that we do it as a courtesy but I am not allowed to fax you stating this"

So then I spoke to a manager who told me the same thing...they claim they are willing to PFD but will not supply ocumentation stating this.

HMMMMM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Optima Recovery Medical PFD

If the CA refuses to agree to a PFD in writing on their letterhead, don't pay. I would never pay a cent to a CA unless they agree to a PFD in writing.

How old is this med collection (date of service)?

Message 2 of 9
RichieNY
Contributor

thanks

March of 2007

Message 3 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I still think you might have a shot at fixing this by using the HIPAA letter process.
Message 4 of 9
RichieNY
Contributor

even for just 78 bucks?

ughhhhh

Message 5 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Well, it sounds like the CA wants their money and might be willing to delete. You have nothing to lose. How old is this collection? Credit repair is almost always a PITA.Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
RichieNY
Contributor

haha thanks

I have seen success in the past 4 months

I started out with ALL baddies no good accounts

Not I have 2 good accounts

Opening a 3rd this week (BOA secured)

My scores have went from around 500 to now about 600!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do CAs say this? That they CAN'T put it in writing? What's the deal there?
Message 8 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

CAs want the money, nothing more. They will say anything to get paid, and some poor folks believe them, then they get screwed. There is no such thing as a verbal agreement with a CA.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.