Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options?

tag
tufa4311
Established Contributor

Options?

Hey all, haven't been here for a while - helping my sis out but not sure what to suggest.

First, when I was working on my credit there really was only a couple old lates I wanted to get rid of - she has like 15 lates on an old auto loan. Some of those payments are getting to 7 years and are falling off but she'll still have lates on the account for the next 24 months or so. From my POV I don't think trying to get the lates removed is the way to go - there are too mnay and I don't think the bank will remove all those. So the only other choice I see is the attempt to get the entire account removed from the report.

Is that the way to go? Has anyone seen that done?

If this occured it would remove all those lates but it would also take away her oldest account and all that history. She only has one other credit line.

Her FICO is in the very low 700's as those lates are pretty old but still look bad.

Second, the credit card she has is split into two - the first part of the history is listed as a C/O. Then it has a second history for the same credit line but with an account number that is different by one digit. She has lates on that but in the end payed it fully off. Why would it be split in two and have the first as a C/O (maybe the debt was sold?). Can the first line be marked as a C/O even if she payed it off in the end? Or is it becuase the first lender charged it off an sold it, then the second creditor got it payed off?

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Options?

@tufa4311 wrote:

Hey all, haven't been here for a while - helping my sis out but not sure what to suggest.

First, when I was working on my credit there really was only a couple old lates I wanted to get rid of - she has like 15 lates on an old auto loan. Some of those payments are getting to 7 years and are falling off but she'll still have lates on the account for the next 24 months or so. From my POV I don't think trying to get the lates removed is the way to go - there are too mnay and I don't think the bank will remove all those. So the only other choice I see is the attempt to get the entire account removed from the report.

If this occured it would remove all those lates but it would also take away her oldest account and all that history. She only has one other credit line.   Accounts with derogs are worse in payment history than the loss of AAoA as history is 35% and AAoA only 15%. Use the GW letter to try and get them to remove the whole thing.

Her FICO is in the very low 700's as those lates are pretty old but still look bad.

Second, the credit card she has is split into two - the first part of the history is listed as a C/O. Then it has a second history for the same credit line but with an account number that is different by one digit. She has lates on that but in the end payed it fully off. Why would it be split in two and have the first as a C/O (maybe the debt was sold?). Can the first line be marked as a C/O even if she payed it off in the end? Or is it becuase the first lender charged it off an sold it, then the second creditor got it payed off?   Is this an open current account?? This doesnt make any sense here to me.

Message 2 of 6
tufa4311
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@tufa4311 wrote:

If this occured it would remove all those lates but it would also take away her oldest account and all that history. She only has one other credit line.   Accounts with derogs are worse in payment history than the loss of AAoA as history is 35% and AAoA only 15%. Use the GW letter to try and get them to remove the whole thing.

Second, the credit card she has is split into two - the first part of the history is listed as a C/O. Then it has a second history for the same credit line but with an account number that is different by one digit. She has lates on that but in the end payed it fully off. Why would it be split in two and have the first as a C/O (maybe the debt was sold?). Can the first line be marked as a C/O even if she payed it off in the end? Or is it becuase the first lender charged it off an sold it, then the second creditor got it payed off?   Is this an open current account?? This doesnt make any sense here to me.

It is not still open. I'll be reaching out for the actual report from her, asking her, she seems to think it may be becuase it was a joint account with our mother.

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
Message 3 of 6
tufa4311
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@tufa4311 wrote:

The account is closed. She provided add'l info - the accont was a joint account with out mother. I'll be getting here reports soon to provide more info on this.

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tufa4311 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@tufa4311 wrote:

The account is closed. She provided add'l info - the accont was a joint account with out mother. I'll be getting here reports soon to provide more info on this.

Joint credit cards are rare. Typically one person is the primary and the other is an AU. If she was only an AU, she's not on the hook for any of it and this can easily be removed from her report.

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

OK, if it went CO and then was paid off CO it remains, it cant be CO then retracted as CO unless it was their fault somehow. It would be better if you have the real report to work from and we would know exactly how its reporting.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.