Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard SUCKS

tag
lexus400
New Contributor

Orchard SUCKS

Orchard seems to not want to report a 0 balance to the CRAs. I had a 0 balance since Feb 2010. The last time they updated was in Jan 2010. So i go to use the card one time  just to show activity, paid it ASAP before the statement cuts. They reported the $84 (500 limit) that I charged. None of my statements say nothing about  $84. This caused me 22 points.  From a 658EQ to a 636EQ(Got FICO score alert) Called backdoor number and cancelled card. This may hurt a little because I had the account in good standing for 2 years, but it seems like they are playing a game.

Starting Score: 12/09 EQ606 TU609 EX624 pulled by VA lender
Current Score:7/4/10 EQ 698 TU 713 EX 703 pullued by loan officer
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Orchard SUCKS

that cost you 28 points?

Message 2 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I am a bit confused on the apparent haste.

If the last time they reported was 1/2010, then they probably issued you a statement in 2/2010, with a due date on 3/2010.  They only report once a month, and when they report is up to them.

It is not uncommon to see up to a two month delay from when you do something to when it is finally nestled in your CR.

If they reported no derogs, any % util is instantly updated as soon as posted to the CRA,with no harm to you.  I dont see what they are doing that is gaming anything to their benefit?

Message 3 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, AFAIK Orchard and HSBC still report the balance you had on the last business day of the prev. month. I'm not sure if the CC Law changed anthing, but I think they still report on that schedule. It never had to do with the statement date, unlike 99% of other CCs out there.

Message 4 of 12
laz98
Senior Contributor

a lot of store cards do this as well.  they won't report a 0 balance, only when you carry a balance.  you probably could have just disputed the balance & gotten it updated.  it does seem hasty to have closed the card just for that reason, but i'm sure you had your reasons.

Message 5 of 12
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

I would not have cancelled the card so quickly. You should have asked questions which might have cleared up any confusion on your part.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They still suck, they denied my goodwill letter, but I will send another and another!
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

a lot of store cards do this as well.  they won't report a 0 balance, only when you carry a balance.  .

I haven't had this experience.  All of our store cards have reported consistently on the statement date whether our balance was 0 or not.  HSBC/Orchard consistently reported our balance on the last day of the month, but I've heard reports of people having a month skipped with HSBC/Orchard when their balance went to 0.  Never happened to me, though - my 0 balances with them were reported as usual.  I would find that very frustrating!

Message 8 of 12
happy0510
Established Contributor

Well folks...we will see!! I have had Orchard since 8/07 and have never had a problem with them not updating my balance on the last day of the month.  BUT...4/30 was the FIRST time my balance was $0...last month it reported $5....we'll see!! I'll update around the 15th when they report!!  Wish me luck!!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
fricnfrac1
Contributor

Can someone give me a heads up on this Orchard bank reporting?

My due date was on May 15th. I have a $24.00 balance. I believe the statement will be cut today.

Am I correct that what my balance was on April 30th, is what will be reflected on the CR"S?

Im not used to this! LOL...

So, tomorrow, if I charge $100, and pay off my balance  by May 31st, then my Util will be zero with the CR's?

I guess with Orchard, the last day of the month appears to be the day for me to be concerned with, CR wise.

03/12/14 Fico 698 EXP

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.