Did you mean: 

Oregon State Tax Lien

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Oregon State Tax Lien

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

You are not going to get anywhere with the Tax Commission, many people have tried and the only way is if the lien was filed in error. Idaho doesnt warn anyone in advance they are going to file a lien. Since tax liens report 7 years from the time they are paid I would be settling it ASAP.

Thanks for this info! I didn't realize it was 7 years from date paid! I thought it was from date filed! Bummer! Guess I'm looking at 2022!!! Think I could qualify for a mortgage with that on my record? Dang!

Yes people qualify for mortgages with PRs on file including paid tax liens. The paid status is key.

Message 11 of 19
Gsobbie

Where do I obtain a "released & extinguished" status letter?
Message 12 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Gsobbie wrote:
Where do I obtain a "released & extinguished" status letter?

From the entity who levied the lien and welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi--

I could use some help with this. Oregon has started throwing tax leins if you owe over $2000,  even if you are on a tax plan. I've always had good credit, so this is a mess..

Thank you, Rose

@Anonymous wrote:

If any of you in Oregon have a tax lien, you might be able to get it off your credit reports. I just got one deleted finally from all 3 credit bureaus. Let me know on here if you need help.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dt3813 wrote:

meredithfp, isn't that a good reason for why it shouldn't have been filed?  did you get served with an intent to file?  Not that I know anything about how it goes, but I had moved also and never new I was being sued for unpaid taxes.  I knew they hadn't been paid, but I didn't know I was getting sued because I moved.  I was never served.  I was never made aware of a court date.  So basically, I plan to use that as a way to get the judgement off my credit report.  I'll let you know how it goes.  I'll probably start the process in the next 30 days.  My lien is in Mississippi, but I live in Connecticut.  

There is no lawsuit with a tax lien. The state department of revenue simply files the lien and starts taking your s**t....

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

In Oregon, every piece of paper you receive from the Oregon Department of Revenue says they may file a tax warrant. They have to make their best effort to contact you, but if you knew you owed the taxes they they can file a tax warrant. Until December 1st, 2016, every tax warrant for Oregon was reviewed by a live person. After 2016, if you owed 2000 or more, even if you were on a payment plan, the state tax software automatically files a tax warrant.

The problem is that, unlike many other states and the federal government, there is no offical way to get the warrant "extinguished" or expunged, even after you pay it. When it is extinguished or expunged from the record, you can have it stricken from the court records and then you can get it off your credit report. In my case, I have paid it and I have to wait for the warrant to show up in the records before they send me a release. I no longer live in Oregon or I would get a tax professional to help me, but based on the info here, my first step will be to ask for the file to be extinguished first. If I can't get it extinguished then I will try to hire an attorney to help me.

Very despondent about this---I've always had credit in the high 700s and now I need to work on this so my credit isn't ruined for 7 years.

Rose

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Oregon and have 3 state tax liens that are recorded at the county clerk’s office. I see that you have your released. I will to the county office and researched my liens. They are 3 are paid and show released. How did you get them removed?  You mention extinguished.  My liens show released.  Given that you are in Oregon, I am curios how you changed your status to extinguished?

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

I'm in the same situation. I live in Jackson County Oregon and my lien shows "released". Any suggestions to getting it documented as "extinguished"?

Thanks so much,

Mike

Message 18 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is more than a year old and OP hasnt been on the board since April it is being closed to further comments.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.