Organized the big, bad baddies

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Organized the big, bad baddies

Smiley Sad

Open Collections

$2,225 medical, TU only, drops May 2017

Going to PFD this one - how often should I send?

Closed ($0 balance) Collections

1. Medical, TU/EQ/EX, drops 1/2019 (TU), EX/EQ have no date
  2. Medical, EQ/EX, no drop date
  3. Medical, EQ/EX, no drop date
  4. Medical, EQ/EX, no drop date
  5. Medical, EQ/EX, no drop date 
  6. Medical, TU/EQ/EX, drops 12/2015 (TU),10/2015 (EX),  EQ has no date
  7. Medical, TU/EQ/EX, drop 5/2016 (TU), EX/EQ have no date
  8. Utility, TU/EQ/EX, drops 6/2019 (TU), 4/2019 (EX), EQ has no date
  9. Installment, TU, drops 03/2019
  10. Installment, TU, drops 03/2019

(1) through (5) were all for $100 or less from the same CA. Smiley Frustrated I've tried GW letters to no avail. I'll keep going on them but my bigger issue is how do I find out the date they should drop off?

(6) and (7) are from the same CA, and I may try to GW those. But they're both dropping off in a year, so I'm not sure I want to invest any frustration in them.

(8) I've tried GWing and keep getting a very nice phone call - I'm sorry, our office won't do that - in response.

(9) and (10) were loans I'd cosigned during my first marriage. I've tried GWing those, but don't think I'll have much luck. I'm also worried that if I push it too far, those will get reported to the other 2 CRAs as well.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Organized the big, bad baddies

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Sad

Open Collections

$2,225 medical, TU only, drops May 2017

Going to PFD this one - how often should I send? I would send offer once a month, could also try calling OC have them recall for full immediate payment, there is also the HIPAA Process which you can Google.

Closed ($0 balance) Collections

1. Medical, TU/EQ/EX, drops 1/2019 (TU), EX/EQ have no date
  2. Medical, EQ/EX, no drop date
  3. Medical, EQ/EX, no drop date
  4. Medical, EQ/EX, no drop date
  5. Medical, EQ/EX, no drop date 
  6. Medical, TU/EQ/EX, drops 12/2015 (TU),10/2015 (EX),  EQ has no date
  7. Medical, TU/EQ/EX, drop 5/2016 (TU), EX/EQ have no date
  8. Utility, TU/EQ/EX, drops 6/2019 (TU), 4/2019 (EX), EQ has no date
  9. Installment, TU, drops 03/2019
  10. Installment, TU, drops 03/2019

(1) through (5) were all for $100 or less from the same CA. Smiley Frustrated I've tried GW letters to no avail. I'll keep going on them but my bigger issue is how do I find out the date they should drop off? You would need to get hard copies in your hands directly from the CRAs, I have seen posts that EQ may show the DoFD when annualcredit is used.

(6) and (7) are from the same CA, and I may try to GW those. But they're both dropping off in a year, so I'm not sure I want to invest any frustration in them.

(8) I've tried GWing and keep getting a very nice phone call - I'm sorry, our office won't do that - in response.

(9) and (10) were loans I'd cosigned during my first marriage. I've tried GWing those, but don't think I'll have much luck. I'm also worried that if I push it too far, those will get reported to the other 2 CRAs as well.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The annualcreditreport version of Equifax listed the DOFDs for everything. (1) through (5) are January and February 2012.

Smiley Sad Let the GW letters continue.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The DOFD directly sets the maximum credit report exclusion date for all collections.

The CRA must exclude no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD.

CRA estimated exclusion dates are usually approximately 6 months earlier than the statutory max, and thus occur at approximately 7 years from DOFD.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, leaving me at 2019 with those five medical accounts. I'll GW every other week on those.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.