Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original Creditor and Reporting

tag
blaksun333
Valued Member

Original Creditor and Reporting

All,

If an original creditor from a personal loan company, stops reporting on an old account which had some late payments back in 2005, will it cause the account to erase from the credit report?

Starting Score: 425
Current Score: 615
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Original Creditor and Reporting

Just because a Creditor stops reporting, doesnt mean the item with get deleted.

Is it deleted on all your CR's?

Is the loan paid now?  Did you dispute this loan with the CRA's?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No. 

What is the status of the account?  Is it paid, CO'd?  Open, Closed?

Message 3 of 10
blaksun333
Valued Member

The account still shows on all three CRAs and the loan is paid off and closed since 2005.  I'm just concernced with the lates.  I disputed the acct with the CRAs and came back as verified.  I did manage to speak with the loan company and they said since they cannot remove the lates from the account, they will simply just stop reporting the acct with the CRAs.

Message 4 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Why would you dispute it? 

The lates will fall of one at a time 7 years from their occurence.  After the last one comes off the account will become positive and stay 10 years from the closed date.

Message 5 of 10
blaksun333
Valued Member

So, even though I disputed the account, will this still fall off in 7 years from 2005?

Message 6 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I need some clarification.  Was the account ever sent to collections or CO'd. 

Was it only lates that make it a negative account?

Where are you getting the correlation between disputing and it coming off?  The only time it will come off after a dispute is if they can not verify it, which they did.

If it was only lates and not COd or sent to collections, the account itself will not come off in 7 years.  Only the individual lates.  Once the last late comes off the account will stay for 10 years from the closed date as a positive account.

If it was sent to collections or CO'd it will come off 7 - 7.5 years fro the DoFD.

Message 7 of 10
blaksun333
Valued Member

Thanks for the info.  The account was never sent to collections and the lates are the only items making the account negative.  So from your message, the lates will come off in 7 years and will stay for 10 years from the closed date as a positive account.  Thanks!!

Message 8 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Just to clarify for you, all the lates do not come off at one time.  Each late comes off 7 years after it happened.

I wasn't sure you understood that.

Message 9 of 10
blaksun333
Valued Member

Thanks again!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.