cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original Creditor has no record of account.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Original Creditor has no record of account.

After doing research I could not find anyone with a similar situation to what I am experiencing.  I have a Collection Agency reporting a Credit Card debt on all 3 Credit Reports.  They cite the Credit Card Company in which they state as the Original Creditor.  The Original Creditor is NOT reporting this debt on my credit reports.  I contacted the Original Creditor and they have no record of me ever having an account through them.  I was transfered to a department that had access to every account the Credit Card Company issued and still they had no record of me having an account.  I sent a letter to the Original Creditor requesting a response via USPS stating any and all accounts (if I even had an account)  I have had through the Original Creditor. 

What would be my next step towards resolving this and getting the Collection Agency to remove this tradeline from my credit reports?  If i receive a letter from the Original Creditor stating they have no record of me ever having an account do I dispute it through the Credit Bureaus or do I dispute it through the Collection Agency?  What would be the best way to be sucessful?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Original Creditor has no record of account.

A DV should do it.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Original Creditor has no record of account.

Debt Validate the Collection Agency and if they cite anything about the Original Creditor do I attach a copy of the response from the Original Creditor stating I have never had an account and that it needs to be removed?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.