JLCheney0331

Original Creditor has no record of account.

After doing research I could not find anyone with a similar situation to what I am experiencing.  I have a Collection Agency reporting a Credit Card debt on all 3 Credit Reports.  They cite the Credit Card Company in which they state as the Original Creditor.  The Original Creditor is NOT reporting this debt on my credit reports.  I contacted the Original Creditor and they have no record of me ever having an account through them.  I was transfered to a department that had access to every account the Credit Card Company issued and still they had no record of me having an account.  I sent a letter to the Original Creditor requesting a response via USPS stating any and all accounts (if I even had an account)  I have had through the Original Creditor. 

What would be my next step towards resolving this and getting the Collection Agency to remove this tradeline from my credit reports?  If i receive a letter from the Original Creditor stating they have no record of me ever having an account do I dispute it through the Credit Bureaus or do I dispute it through the Collection Agency?  What would be the best way to be sucessful?

Valued Contributor
madmann26

Re: Original Creditor has no record of account.

A DV should do it.

Starting Score: EQ 511 TU 552 EX 545 8/29/2012
Current Score: TU 705|EQ 690|EXP 698 (FICO)
What's in my wallet? Cap1 PLAT AU $1.25k; Cap1 Cash AU $2k; NFCU Siggy $23k; $4k WalMart DC; CFNA Firestone $2.2k; Amazon $2.1k; NFCU Cash Rewards $22K; AMEX BCE $18k; NavCheck $15k; Lowe's $10k; Citi DP $6.3k; AMEX ED $8.5k; Chase Freedom $4.5k
Goal Score: 700 across the board.
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
My Journey
JLCheney0331

Re: Original Creditor has no record of account.

Debt Validate the Collection Agency and if they cite anything about the Original Creditor do I attach a copy of the response from the Original Creditor stating I have never had an account and that it needs to be removed?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}