Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original Creditor question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Original Creditor question

Amsher is reporting about 6 medical collections on my credit report from 2011. These have recently been disputed. Transunion deleted all but one. Experian deleted all but 3, and Equifax verfied all six. The original creditor is listed as UAHSF MSO. I tried doling a search on this company and can't seem to find anything legit. I wanted to contact the original creditor to see if I could arrange negotiations. Anyone ever heard of this company? Should I contact Amsher to find out more info?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Original Creditor question

First thing.... determine who now owns the debt.

If the OC has sold the debt, you cannot pay them, and must deal with the new owner/debt collector.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

First thing.... determine who now owns the debt.

If the OC has sold the debt, you cannot pay them, and must deal with the new owner/debt collector.

Amsher owns the debt, but I just wanted to know who the original creditor is to see if I can get them to recall the debt, but I can't find info on them.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I think I misunderstood. Since Amsher now owns it, the original creditor can't recall?

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Recall. as commonly used, means the debt collector does not own the debt, and only has assigned collection authority.

Recall is a bit of s misnomer.... the OC always owned the debt..... the proper term is that the OC terminate the assigned collection authority.

If the debt was sold, there is no collection assignment to terminate.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.