Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original Creditor vs CA

tag
anewstart2013
Valued Member

Original Creditor vs CA

Hi everybody,

My apartment building is being remodeled and I have to move out by the end of July. I am trying to identify problems I will run into when they run my less than stellar report. I have accounts from 2010 and 2011 that were charged off to collection agencies. I have since paid in full the CAs. I don't know why, but I was expecting for both the OC and CA to still show up. I thought OC go into a positive standing, which I know is naive.

Is there anything that can be done for a line item such as this or is it just a waiting game?

Thank you!
March 13, 2013: FICO EQ 543
February 5, 2014: FICO EQ 603
Five accounts with negative indicators, 2 accounts in collections
In my wallet: Capital One Secured $500 / Fingerhut $500 / First Premier $700 / Credit One $300 / J. Crew $250 / Express $250
3 REPLIES 3
trnl2016
Regular Contributor

Re: Original Creditor vs CA

Are you trying to buy a house or just be prepared for a rental application?

The reason I ask is because you should be fine for a rental application. They are primarily looking for evictions and other housing-related derogs. I haven't had any problems getting any apartments in the past 10 years with both collections and charge offs on my report.

That being said, if you're interested in trying to get paid collections removed, you could send GW letters requesting it... otherwise, it's the waiting game.
Message 2 of 4
anewstart2013
Valued Member

Thank you. I am trying to rent a new place so you have given me hope!

I am working on one last collection showing up on my report. Has anyone had experience renting with a delinquent collection on their CR?
March 13, 2013: FICO EQ 543
February 5, 2014: FICO EQ 603
Five accounts with negative indicators, 2 accounts in collections
In my wallet: Capital One Secured $500 / Fingerhut $500 / First Premier $700 / Credit One $300 / J. Crew $250 / Express $250
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as they aren't rental related you should be fine. When I first moved out I had collections on my report and got 2 apartments fine. It wasn't until those 2 hit my credit (broke both early) that I had issues renting again. Luckily my complex now approved me w/ just a higher deposit. You should be totally fine though.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.