cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other personal loan options besides Prosper and Lending Club for someone with my scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Other personal loan options besides Prosper and Lending Club for someone with my scores?

Hello everyone. My scores are 661-TU, 625-EX, and EQ in the 620 range (not certain). I applied for a personal loan with both Prosper and Lending Club and was denied instantly. Oddly enough, Lending Club had approved me in the past with my TU score, only to remove the listing after it was partially funded. This time, I got a flat out denial.

I need this loan fairly urgently to pay off a tuition debt that has been with collections for some time. I have made successful on-time payments to the agency for about 4 years now, but I'd like to pay it off in full, now that my credit has improved from what it use to be and I can manage my money better. I'm not eligible for student loans or federal student aid either. This debt can only be satisfied with a personal loan.

Anyone know of any other loan options (whether it's other P2P lenders or traditional banks) that may lend to me with my scores?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Other personal loan options besides Prosper and Lending Club for someone with my scores?

I would recommend paying for your scores from this website to be certain that you have true FICO scores.  That way you can be confident that you know what your credit situation is.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Other personal loan options besides Prosper and Lending Club for someone with my scores?

I just purchased TransUnion's product with the triple credit monitoring. I have to pay additional fees to get my updated Equifax and Experian. Aren't TransUnion's scores just as accurate?

Message 3 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

No, I don't think TransUnion offers a FICO score anymore.  They used to, but I think they stopped a while back.

There is nothing wrong with their credit monitoring service, I use it myself.  But the scores are of no use to you, unfortunately.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, I just checked TransUnion's website and they are not FICO scores.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so can anyone help answer the question I posted initially? I'm not asking about the reliability of FICO scores vs FAKO scores. I simply came on here looking for info on personal loans other than Prosper and Lending Club that cater to those sub-primers with FICOS under 640?

Anyone?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.