Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other wonky Transunion issues?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Other wonky Transunion issues?

So we've all heard about TU removing, and then of course returning, inquiries on your TU report. 

Today, however, I've encountered another head scratcher. 

In my usual daily check of the credit reporting sites (CK, CS, CCT) I've noticed on my TU report a collection has been removed that I didn't pay, nor did I dispute. Note, this is only on CK and CS ... I don't have a 3B pull on CCT for a week or two yet. Also, I verified it's NOT on my TU account by acting like I was filing a dispute on the TU website, and this collection is not on there.  

It's with Diversified Consultants, original creditor is Dish Network, amount was $253, DoFD was 2/11, so there's still at least one year still on the SOL. And for the record, I didn't request Early Exclusion either. 

FWIW, this CA never appeared on my Experian report and remains on my Equifax report. 

Is this another issue with TU? 

Any other thoughts on it? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cmony787
Regular Contributor

Re: Other wonky Transunion issues?

Date of their collection authority could have expired and now it's back to OC (Dish Network). You may want to take care of this debt with Dish Network while they have ownership of debt before it gets assigned to another CA and therefore staying off your report. Get everything in writing
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So we've all heard about TU removing, and then of course returning, inquiries on your TU report. 

Today, however, I've encountered another head scratcher. 

In my usual daily check of the credit reporting sites (CK, CS, CCT) I've noticed on my TU report a collection has been removed that I didn't pay, nor did I dispute. Note, this is only on CK and CS ... I don't have a 3B pull on CCT for a week or two yet. Also, I verified it's NOT on my TU account by acting like I was filing a dispute on the TU website, and this collection is not on there.  

It's with Diversified Consultants, original creditor is Dish Network, amount was $253, DoFD was 2/11, so there's still at least one year still on the SOL. And for the record, I didn't request Early Exclusion either. 

FWIW, this CA never appeared on my Experian report and remains on my Equifax report. 

Is this another issue with TU? 

Any other thoughts on it? 

Contact Dish immediately. It has very likely moved to another collector. If you pay it now BEFORE the new collector reports, it will stay off your reports.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Norman ... I'll give that a shot. 

Not sure I have the funds for it at the moment, but I might be able to manipulate the budget a little

Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Good advice. I agree, try to get this taken care of and you'll have a chance to keep it from coming back.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.