Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Rebuild Journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Our Rebuild Journey

Agreed, Norman.

And just updating this one today.  I called trying to figure out the tax lien that shows released and the State Department of Revenue says there is no way to get it erased, and that "Released" status is the best I'm going to get.  Boo.  But at least I can say I tried.

I cross-posted to the Mortgages forum, too.  Listed out ALL of the baddies...that hurt a bit.  But so far have the same advice over there, pay down the current, open credit cards 9% or so.

We sent out another round of dsiputes last week and when those wrap up, we'll move to HIPAA if some of the medical ones are still hanging on there. 

I'm starting to feel a little burnt.  I always obsess over our budget, but my husband thinks I've gone off the obsessive deep-end lately with this.  I'm trying to take a step back while we wait out this round of disputes since there isn't much I can do in the meantime, but it's hard!

Message 11 of 14
aurelie00
Regular Contributor

It was only when I obsessed that I was successful.  I lived and breathed my credit, finances and these forums.  In only 2 years time, I completely cleaned up my credit report, bought a house and took my credit score from 525 to 720.  The good things seem to snowball just as bad things do...you just have to keep focusing on the positive and plug away.  Stay focused and stay obsessed until you're in a comfortable, breathe-easy place.  That is my advice.  

Starting Score: 524
Current Score: 715
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aurelie00 wrote:

It was only when I obsessed that I was successful.  I lived and breathed my credit, finances and these forums.  In only 2 years time, I completely cleaned up my credit report, bought a house and took my credit score from 525 to 720.  The good things seem to snowball just as bad things do...you just have to keep focusing on the positive and plug away.  Stay focused and stay obsessed until you're in a comfortable, breathe-easy place.  That is my advice.  

Well, at least I'm not the only person.  I fixate and stress over things that I can't do anything about and I know it's not healthy.  I wish we had two years to do this, but we're in countdown mode until last second to qualify and get our home ordered.  June 1st.  2.5 months, 75 days.  That's SCARY.  I can't help but fixate because we could very well be back living in a hotel when this lease is up if we don't.  It's hard to find that balance between "what you pay attention to grows" and driving my husband crazy because I can't stop rehashing the 2pt change of the day, lol. 

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

On Friday we signed up to participate in Veterans United's Lighthouse Program.  It's highly unlikely that we'll take a loan through them as they won't touch loans for manufactured homes (very few will, we're finding).  They pulled only DH's file and we were pleased to see that he's at a 616 (Equifax mortgage score).  I do know from having all of his scores via myFICO that that is his highest mortgage score, but it does show how accurate it is and that we're getting closer.  I am looking forward to seeing what their recommendations are, even if they are only looking at his reports/scores and not mine.  (He's the breadwinner anyway.)

Things are dropping off our reports left and right as we run disputes and try to narrow down what appears to be lots of duplicates of medical collections.  Even calling the OC got us nowhere, they knew that they'd been sold, but no longer had a record of who the current debt-owners were.  Joy.  So disputes and requesting verifications is all we can do. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.