Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of control

tag
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Out of control

I rebuilt my credit from the ground up removing 27 negative items, 2 judgments and 9 inquiry's. I went from 554 to 728 in one year. With credit bliss I did the first thing anyone would do; I purchased my first home, then I moved in and found that many things needed fixed/remodeled etc. so here I am starting over..in debt, more than I can handle mind you.
My question is: where do I start paying things off? Do I pay high interest cards first or pay high amounts on each? Do I pay low credit card balances first to get me started?
What is the best plan of action here? I don't want to end up where I was before but I for see credit ruin in my future already. My income is low and right now I'm pretty much living on credit but start a higher paying job in a week.
What would you do??
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Out of control

I would pay the minimums on all but the lowest balance card and pay that one off.  Then use that money and pay off the next lowest balance etc.

It will give you cards reporting a 0 balance quicker.

Additionally, if you have any CC that are maxed out or close to it, get those down below that area.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.