Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlined HIPAA Process?

tag
bigtim
Frequent Contributor

Re: Outlined HIPAA Process?

@RebuildingForTheFuture wrote:

If HIPPA is not a valid means of disputing a medical collection that has been PIF, what is?

There is no such thing as a "valid" dispute of a medical collection that has been paid in full. What is the dispute? That you PIF and you claim the false HIPAA? Invalid dispute...

---------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Cards:
12/2012 - Discover (ICL 3,375 CLI to 5,375 05/2014)
12/2013 - Chase Freedom (ICL 3,500 ACLI to 4,500 07/2014)
03/2012 - Gander Mountain MC (WFNNB) 7,000 CL
04/2012 - Ace Rewards Visa (US Bank) 12,000 CL
Back to gardening for a year or two
Message 41 of 91

I see... thank you.  It was supposed to be a PFD and I did this BEFORE I had ever even stumbled onto the myFico website and community (I was a truecredit.com user) and put my good faith that they would since they agreed verbally they would.  My mistake.  Before I realized that the CA  could legally do this, I disputed w/ EX and they validated and updated to a paid status, but when they did, it took off the estimated month/year that it would drop from my CBR.  Does this mean it will take longer to fall off now?  Looks like I'll be playing the waiting game...

Message 42 of 91
2NE1
Established Contributor

@onquestfor700s wrote:

Can you please PM me the information as well? I would so greatly appreciate it Smiley Happy

PM sent! Smiley Happy

Message 43 of 91
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@2NE1 wrote:
HIPAA only works if you've paid the OC not the CA. If you decided to pay the CA then you should've offered a PFD. If you did offer and they 'verbally' agreed to and haven't removed it then your only option is to GW the CA for removal. You can't dispute a PAID medical collection (to the CA) with the CRAs and expect to be removed. That's not how the HIPAA process works.

Hi 2NE1,  That was true, but now I believe there's is a way the HIPAA process works for paid CA. I truly dont totally understand, how the HIPAA process works.

So 2NE1, I'll send to a PM so we can try to figure this out,OK?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 44 of 91
TM0312
New Contributor

Can you please send me the info as well? I have 2 accounts I need to work on. Thanks!

Starting Score: EQ 546 EX 560 TU 568
Current Score: EQ 703 EX 718 TU 715
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 45 of 91
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

@TM0312 wrote:

Can you please send me the info as well? I have 2 accounts I need to work on. Thanks!

Since I don't understand the HIPAA process completely, I would like to see what 2NE1 think first.

2NE1 understands it better then I do, I would like to get his/her thoughts about this first.

I know that's not what you wanted to hear,but I just don't want to give out the wrong info.

I would just like to do, some research about this first.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 46 of 91
huntforfun

Can you please send that to me as well. I dont know how Hippa works and can medical collections that were included in a bankruptcy be removed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 663
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 47 of 91
compassion101
Established Contributor

@2NE1 wrote:

@onquestfor700s wrote:

Can you please PM me the information as well? I would so greatly appreciate it Smiley Happy

PM sent! Smiley Happy

Can you PM me too please, I would be grateful. I found info on another site but it is a bit confusing as written

Message 48 of 91
2NE1
Established Contributor

@LIGHTNIN wrote:

Hi 2NE1,  That was true, but now I believe there's is a way the HIPAA process works for paid CA. I truly dont totally understand, how the HIPAA process works.

So 2NE1, I'll send to a PM so we can try to figure this out,OK?

From my understanding "after you have paid the OC in FULL and if the CA still does not remove/delete your medical bill off your report" you send that special alternate medical DV letter to the CA. Sometimes once you pay the OC, the CA will reflect it as "Paid" on their end and make it look like you paid the CA instead.

Message 49 of 91
2NE1
Established Contributor

everyone above please check your inbox! Smiley Happy

Message 50 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.