Not applicable

Re: Over 200 point increase in 5 months

This is inspiration.
Message 21 of 29
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

@Cspotterhair.

I have a very similar situation and my student loan lates are from 2012 on 29 accounts, tons of lates. I want to call them as well and request a goodwill and I can provide documentation also. Is there a specific department you called or requested a supervisor? Kudos to you in your rebuild, you've made awesome progress. If I could get my lates removed now instead of in 2 years when they are set to fall off, that would certainly boost my scores. Thanks in advance for any advice you can share!

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry it took so long to respond, I locked myself out of my account. I just called into Ed Financial and asked for a goodwill adjustment. They said they can not goodwill, but if I had any government aid at that time of the lates they would adjust them to paid. My daughter is disabled and was receiving ssi during those times. I faxed in copys of her award letters and they back dated as a hardship with $0 a month payments and wiped them all out.
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

This must feel amazing! Great work!

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! It was a LOT of work. Many phone calls, faxes, writing. Fixing my credit was full time. The day those 30 180 day lates came off was like a huge weight lifted. I have 2 paid charge offs still on there, and no goodwill has worked. They dont show late payments thanfully so I think I will just let them be. I have a good score now so I dont want to keep poking and them update with late payments. I just pray nothing else ever shows up
Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you go About executing the Disbutes? I have a ton of Medical Debt that is from years ago, and should have fallen off.
I also see different Collection Agencies for the same bill (some bills have 5 collectors but it's only the same single bill?) so I figure I could offer a super small amount to one of the Companies just to try and pay them off (like$20-100 out of the $1K-2K I owe). Otherwise I guess I would dispute all the collection agencies except for One of them. Luckily (lol!) we kept going to the same Hosp when I got sick. So maybe I can work something out direct with them.

Anyways, since I'm going to be doing a lot of disputes. Any advice on where to start? What to say? Do you call or write? Do I have to explain? Ahhh so many questions!

I'm like you. I need to make some big changes quickly. We're having to buy a new home so we can take care of my parents. So next year we're selling ours and once it sells we have to be ready for the home loan!! Eeekkk. Baby steps was last year. Now big steps! Thanks in Advance for any advice and for listening to my ramblings. Lol!
Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

For my medical bills I went directly to the hospital and spoke to someone who deals with the billing and all that info. I applied for charity assistance which back dated and released those for the ER visit. They sent a charity award letter to me and I faxed that to the dr's billing and they dropped the dr bills off and recalled the collections. I didnt have insurance at those times (I do now). One other medical let me pay for delete. I had to stay on top and do a lot of leg work and ups knew me well from all the faxing lol! If they are passed 7 years, you can call Trans, Equif, and Exper and tell them its passed 7 years, and make a list of the duplicate collections and dispute those under that. My most helpful disputes were done over the phone, not on the computer because they can write down the reason, not just pick from a select list. I hope some of this helped!
Message 27 of 29
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!! 

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great work on the medical collections.  On my Facebook credit group, probably 95% of folks we tell to do exactly what you did say "that's too much work" and don't do it, but the results consistently are amazing.

200 points in 5 months is AMAZING.  I did about 150-170 points in 7 months, but won't see the full 200 points for another year or so!  It was a full time job for me, I spent hours every day researching everything and hours a week writing, calling, faxes, emailing.  It was sooooo worth it because all this time I wasted is a big lesson to me to check my balances weekly, pay everything on time or ahead of time, and never spend what I don't actually have in the bank.

With medical stuff going forward, if you can't afford to pay, the first thing to do is talk to their payment arrangements people.  Don't just stick it on Care Credit or write a check "just because" -- a lot of hospitals, clinics and even solo doctors do offer payment arrangements if you ask the right person.  This will avoid the headaches in the future!

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.