Established Contributor

Over 30 days for CRA dispute

Equifax did not delete an account that I FAX disputed and it has been over 30 days- TU and EX did even though they took the full 30 days to try and verify it.  I even sent them documentation dated from last year that the account was to be deleted from my file but never happend)
what letter do I type to EQ now?
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Over 30 days for CRA dispute

Don't call them!

A CRA has 30 days to investigate. If information comes in at or near day 30, then according to the FCRA, the CRA has an additional 15 days to complete the investigation. I would call EQ at day 50.
Moderator Emeritus

When did you fax it in?

If you used your free credit report from annualcreditreport.com then they have 45 days.

And as llecs said, they have 45 days if information comes in within the 30 day period. This can be from you or the creditor.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Established Contributor

Shucks~ 50 days!!!
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer

Get a myFICO recommended credit card

Copyright ©2001-2013 Fair Isaac Corporation.
All rights reserved.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.