Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overjoyed! Thank you thank you thank you

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Overjoyed! Thank you thank you thank you

Update: We are closing on our new house either the end of this week or beginning of next! Just in time for the baby, due July 11! Whew. Oh, and my new credit card just posted to TU, raised my FICO8 another 37 points - haven't pulled another 3B report yet to see what it did to mortgage scores, but I'm hoping they will trend the same way.. up!

Message 11 of 19
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on all !!! We're the disputes any problem
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the scores and the new baby! I am where you were 6 months ago. Your post gives motivation to keep on keeping on, and hope that it will be accomplished. Thanks for posting your outcome.
Message 13 of 19
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Very well done in a short period of time OP. Nice work!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! that's great news!

I do have a question. I'm currently working on my score and we want to buy around December. You mentioned you got a new credit card. i thought banks dont like to see new accounts opened so close to buying a house as they see it as potential new debt. How did you see it helping you? I would like to apply for a new account soon, but I'm afraid it will hurt me.

@Anonymous wrote:

Update: We are closing on our new house either the end of this week or beginning of next! Just in time for the baby, due July 11! Whew. Oh, and my new credit card just posted to TU, raised my FICO8 another 37 points - haven't pulled another 3B report yet to see what it did to mortgage scores, but I'm hoping they will trend the same way.. up!

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! that's great news!

I do have a question. I'm currently working on my score and we want to buy around December. You mentioned you got a new credit card. i thought banks dont like to see new accounts opened so close to buying a house as they see it as potential new debt. How did you see it helping you? I would like to apply for a new account soon, but I'm afraid it will hurt me.

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you! Smiley Happy It really depends I think on your situation. At the time that I applied for the card, I didn't think my scores were yet high enough to qualify without it, and it was the "best suggestion" on the fico8 simulator. I did have to provide a letter of explanation for the inquiry, and that is exactly what I told them, that I was trying to better my score before applying for the mortgage and that the advice I was given by myfico simulator said it was the best next option. I also had to provide the first statement that came out to show that I wasn't actually using up all of that credit line, since it took 2 months to show on my credit report. If you don't "need" it to get your scores to qualify, I would suggest waiting until after closing to apply for one, but the way I looked at it was if I wasn't going to qualify without it, I may as well take the chance. Hope that helps you!

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congratulations on the scores and the new baby! I am where you were 6 months ago. Your post gives motivation to keep on keeping on, and hope that it will be accomplished. Thanks for posting your outcome.

Thank you! Smiley Happy It takes a lot of researching and keeping at it, but it is possible! We also will have the fastest closing for our loan officer yet this year, due to me hounding them to death to give me more to do on their checklists! haha.

Message 18 of 19
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.