Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overjoyed! Thank you thank you thank you

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Overjoyed! Thank you thank you thank you

Hi! Just want to share a little good news!

My husband and I are having a baby in July, and we desperately wanted to be able to buy a house that we could be comfortable in with a child and family. I started working on my credit in January when we made that goal, and I knew it was going to be a LONGG journey. I almost feel like I made a full time job out of research and doing things to improve my credit!

So, last month when I pulled my first 3B report, these were my mortgage scores:

EQ - 599

TU - 567

EX - 535

I have worked on getting collections paid and removed (PFDs) and cleaning up everything I could think of - my middle score needs to be at 660 to qualify for what we are wanting to go for.... So today I bit the bullet and paid for another 3B score, since it had been exactly a month since the last one... Mortgage scores:

EQ - 636

TU - 667

EX - 717

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it, I'm still in shock! Thank you all so much for all the wisdom you have poured into these forums. I feel like I've squeezed out almost every tweak that I could find buried in all these posts! I am forever grateful!

We WILL be headed to the bank on Monday when our banker returns from vacation Smiley Wink

Thanks again! Hard work and knowledge really do pay off if you stick with it!

18 REPLIES 18
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Overjoyed! Thank you thank you thank you

Fantastic news!  You are doing a great job - and so quickly too Smiley Happy

Congratulations!

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! You really did an incredible job. 

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do just want to make sure, though, that when a lender says they pull "tri-merge reports" for their mortgages, these are most likely the scores they pull for those, right?

Message 4 of 19
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

If those scores are your MyFico mortgage scores, they should be spot on with whatever your lender pulls (for today anyway).

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic news and congratulations!!!!  That mortgage will definately be attainable now.

Like you, I gained a lot of knowledge here, cleaned up my scores sso my mid-mortgage was EX at 674, and we just closed on our house last week!   Work coupled iwth knowledge really does make a difference, and it sounds like you've worked hard. =0)

Message 6 of 19
crrredit
Established Contributor

Did stuff come off EX that didn't come off the others? Getting up into the 700s so fast is awesome. If you think there's a chance the other scores will get that high as well, you might want to wait another month or so to see. It could save you tons of money in interest if you go in with +700 scores. Maybe show your mortgage person the scores you pulled and see what they think. 

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice!!

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@crrredit wrote:

Did stuff come off EX that didn't come off the others? Getting up into the 700s so fast is awesome. If you think there's a chance the other scores will get that high as well, you might want to wait another month or so to see. It could save you tons of money in interest if you go in with +700 scores. Maybe show your mortgage person the scores you pulled and see what they think. 

Yes, I have one account that is vastly different between the 3 CRA's now.. I disputed some late payments on an account and one CRA deleted all the late payments, one kept 1 30 day late, and one updated all the late payments. I'm just leaving them alone for now!

I have a credit card that is going to start reporting either May or June 20th, and it is supposed to raise my score significantly, according to the simulator, but I think we will go ahead and get started with these scores Monday, and if it looks like the card makes a huge difference once it pops up, I will ask him to re-pull, especially since it would be within the 45-day "grace period" for mortgage pulls. We really need to get the ball rolling if we are going to try to close by the time the baby is here. Our apartment is just not big enough for family to come see us and me try to take care of the baby without everyone falling all over each other, and rent prices are SO HIGH right now - with our calculations, we will come out spending about 100 dollars more per month with mortgage+pmi+utilities for a 4 bed, 2 bath house than what we are spending for our 2 bed, 1 bath apartment!

Message 9 of 19
crrredit
Established Contributor

At least one of the CRAs loves ya! Happy house hunting.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.