New Contributor
Posts: 53
Registered: ‎03-13-2012

Owe amount changed

I disputed a collection on my CR, and it came back different. It first shows that I owed $527, now it shows $528. Can they change the amount that was owed? With this my score drooped 5 points.

Starting Score: (myFICO pulled) TU 618, EQ 578
Current Score: (myFICO pulled) TU 654, EQ 642
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
Posts: 19,065
Registered: ‎03-19-2007

Re: Owe amount changed

Yes, as the debt matures, if your account agreement permits continued accrual of interest on unpaid debt, and what agreemen doesnt?

They still dont have money provided to you.

As a matter of fact, those reporting to your credit file are required to update previously reported information so as to maintain its accuracy, so it can be argued that not only is it proper, it is required.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+