Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Owe hospital, CA and hospital wont remove baddies from credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Owe hospital, CA and hospital wont remove baddies from credit report

Hello,

First time poster, but I have been lurking for a little while and have found this forum to be quite helpful.  Here's a quick rundown of my situation:

$1800ish owed to Providence medical in Oregon from 2000-2002.  I owe $278 for bills incurred in 2006/2007.  This was sent to Columbia Collections in Portland in November.  They know I moved last April to Las Vegas, NV, and have called me a bunch, and sent me collection letters to my vegas address.  The 2000-2002 ones roll off next year, not too concerned with those.

I called (I know, never call) Providence and said I would pay the $278 provided they would give me something in writing stating they would have the CA remove the baddies (3 seperate ones - 1 for $100, 1 for $77ish, 1 for $88ish, plus interest).  They stated they wouldnt, but told me to call the CA and ask... I did, and was told by the CA that I live in a "closed state" and that they couldnt collect the debt, and directed me to pay Providence.  They also refused to remove it once paid (I'll be paying the $278 either way, removed or not).  Another call to Providence, and I'm hit by a pit bull of a business office receptionist who tell me to f*** myself if I want the baddies deleted.

The bills were for doctors visits, and I'm curious if this falls under the HIPAA letter stickied on top of this forum, or if there is a recourse for the CA attempting to collect in a closed state by calling me and sending me letters.  Where do I go from here??  I'm desperate to get these off, as my wife and I are househunting and these are the only baddies on my report.

Any advice is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

Message Edited by jibjab on 09-09-2008 04:25 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Owe hospital, CA and hospital wont remove baddies from credit report

HIPAA covers all medical debt!!!!

Start with PER-HIPAA  dispute letter #1    with all CRAs reporting.  after they are completed  send payment with HIPAA letter to the OC (not the CA)

Make sure to pay every debt seperate (letters and payment) never combine them!!!

After the check is cashed....send the dispute letter #3  to any CRA reporting

On the hospital bill   you must check with that state.....some states have no SOL on hospital!.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Owe hospital, CA and hospital wont remove baddies from credit report

Wow, incredibly fast reply - Thanks!

I wouldnt have thought to send each payment seperate, so thanks for that also... so after its paid in full, following the procedures, they MUST delete the baddies from the credit report?  Just making sure I have this straight...  and thanks again!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.