Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oxford Law, LLC

tag
beanie7132
Frequent Contributor

Oxford Law, LLC

I want to post this for two reasons. During my cleanup the forum helped me tremendously and I want to pay it forward and also because there isn't much in the forums on Oxford Law. 

This place is based out of PA and they pose as a bunch of lawyers ready to sue. I recieved a call one afternoon on my cell phone. I answered it because I have friends that live in PA and I thought an emergency had occured. So this lady is on the other line and I dont think I have ever in my life been talked to so rudely in my life. 

Here is a snap shot of our conversation:

Me: hello

Her: may I speak to Beanie

Me: Speaking can I help you

Her: is your address XXX, SSN XXX, DOB XXX?

Me: I am sorry, who am I speaking to?

Her: I need to verify the following info, repeats herself

Me: Im not telling you **bleep** until you tell me who you are

Her: I am calling from Oxford Lawfirm and I need to verify your identity to give you more info. Is your DOB XXX, Address XXX and SSN XXX?

Me: well I am sorry, again until you tell me who you are and why you are calling I am not telling you anything

Her: (now shes yelling at me and continues to do so the entire call) I told you, i cant tell you anything until you verify your identity

Me: well tough **bleep**. Tell me who you are so we dont waste any more time

Her: I need to verify your identity - repeats the three items above

Me: listen lady, I am going to hang up

Her: Did you not get the letter we mailed you

Me: no, when did you mail it and where is it coming from

Her: we mailed it on yesterday and its coming from oxford lawfirm

Me: you mailed it YESTERDAY, I dont know about your postal service where you are, but ours does not run that fast. 

Her: I still need to verify your identity

Me: lady, YOU CALLED ME. I aint telling you anything about anyones identity and I STILL dont know your name. So how about you tell me your name, DOB, SSN and address? Do you REALLY think I am going to give you identity information over the phone? You must be stupid.

Her: I cant give out that information and I will just call your sister to verify your identity. 

Me: Go right ahead, shes a police officer and will be more than happy to speak to you. Currently she is working days, so its best to call her between the hours of 11pm and 6am. 

Her: whatever, youll get the letter, then youll get a summons. 

Me: After all the violations you have performed during our recorded conversation, I can guarantee you, I GUARANTEE YOU, you dont have a fighting chance. 

Her: click

Two days later I get a letter in the mail. NOW I finally know what this company is and what they wanted. All along I thought it was just a phishing scam. So, Oxford Law LLC is a collection agency and they seem to like Zombie debt. They are trying to collect on a US Bank account that I dont think I ever had. The more I look into this account, the more I feel like it was something from 10+ years ago that got sold a thousand times. Anyways, I fired off a DV immediately including the verb that all future communication must be done in writing and a week later I received a "closing this account and will no longer collect" letter. 

I googled Oxford Law and apparently I am not the only one who felt "scammed" by thier lack of information over the phone call and thier extreme rudeness. Dont get flustered or ever feel threatened enough to give out identity information over the phone. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Oxford Law, LLC

Nice...just to add, watch for PLLC. Those are sharks ready to bite.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.