Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAID- Collection Entries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PAID- Collection Entries

Hey,

I have an old paid collection account on my file, if i would have been better informed i would have just disputed it and had it cleared as it was past the statute of limitations but anyway it was paid.

My question is, is it possible to have this removed somehow? I called the company and they refused to remove it.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PAID- Collection Entries

When is it scheduled to fall off your report? It must be excluded from your report no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the date of first delinquency.

Your only recourse now that it's a paid collection is to send goodwill requests to the collection agency requesting they remove it. Since it's been paid, there should be no harm in continuing to ask for a removal until it is either exluded from your report or they give in and delete it.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok great, any advice on how to send a GW request or a link to a thread

Thanks 

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Being past the statute of limitations is not basis for disputing and removing a collection from your credit report.

Expiration of SOL does not negate the debt, and the debt collector continues to have the ability to continue to attempt collection on the debt.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand how SOL works it means they can no longer legally enforce the debt and I can stop them contacting me by sending a letter asking them not to contact me,

The whole point of my thread isnt to find out about the intricacies of the SOL it was to find out a way to remove my Paid Collection from my reports

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't need to be rude, people are less likely to want to help when you are rude. Regardless, all you need to do is search GW letter in the search bar on the top. There are about 1,000 (give or take a few) posts on how to properly right the letter, and many cover a GW process with a specific creditor or CA. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.