cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAID Collections still on CR, been over 5 years - now what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PAID Collections still on CR, been over 5 years - now what?

is there some reason that a paid debt can remain on ure credit report for more than 5 years? Or does the DOLA make the drop off time change?? mine are dated back to 03' & 04', but ti looks like I PIF in 7/05' - so does that mean wait till 2010??
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jbh
Established Contributor

Re: PAID Collections still on CR, been over 5 years - now what?

What is the reported fall off date on the credit reports? (Or date of first delinquency)

It's critical that you read the reports from the main site. I can send you the reference to the law for you to print up and tell them. I called EXP once and they knew what I was talking about . Somtimes they just need a reminder/friendly wake up call. You can do that, fax it to TU and then, as back-up, mail it to them with the printout of the law with proof it was paid.
Message 5 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections can remain on your CR for up to 7.5 years.  They should fall off 7 years from the DOFD if I understand the law correct
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections, paid or unpaid  drop from CR 7-7.5 years from DOFD not DOLA.

If you live in NY then the must drop 5 years from DOFD if paid.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, I'm in NY so I should have three less TL's on my CR then if that's the case (5 years) - should I send a GW or something else?
Message 4 of 12
jbh
Established Contributor

What is the reported fall off date on the credit reports? (Or date of first delinquency)

It's critical that you read the reports from the main site. I can send you the reference to the law for you to print up and tell them. I called EXP once and they knew what I was talking about . Somtimes they just need a reminder/friendly wake up call. You can do that, fax it to TU and then, as back-up, mail it to them with the printout of the law with proof it was paid.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't report a fall of day for ANY of the reports - and if they are there I must be blind because I don't see them. All that i see availabale to me is the date the account was "opened" - nothing about when it might fall off. Yeah so I'm getting frustrated. Anyways, maybe I'll GW them to death on the ones that are old and paid and see what happens. I had to look up what key derragatory means on a diff site and what it implies. Still not really useful. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....
Message 6 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Iridescent_Identity wrote:
It doesn't report a fall of day for ANY of the reports - and if they are there I must be blind because I don't see them. All that i see availabale to me is the date the account was "opened" - nothing about when it might fall off. Yeah so I'm getting frustrated. Anyways, maybe I'll GW them to death on the ones that are old and paid and see what happens. I had to look up what key derragatory means on a diff site and what it implies. Still not really useful. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

You can find a drop off date for CAs by pulling TU and/or EX directly from that CRA (not here, TC or elsewhere).

Message 7 of 12
jbh
Established Contributor

Did you pull them directly from the site?

Do that and also call them to confirm the date if you do not see it afterwards. Start with EXP, get a higher up if you have to, somebody WILL know about it.

Then Equifax, which I was once told was also aware of it.

TU might be a bit harder, but you can fax/mail the proof to them. Don't waste time with GW's...attack them. (with kindness)

"I realize you might not know this offhand, however, we have a law in NY which is from section..."

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

So call EX EQ and TU directly and not the CA? That's a new idea - thanks! Except i'm dumb and have to find out thier numbers and whatnot - and then try to sound smart AND forceful on the phone (although I'm always polite) ;D. Any links to these agencies numbers? If I go through them instead of the CA's, I can avoid the potential hassle of them finding other accounts I have with them while I'm trying to get rid of one at a time. I posted a new thread about this elseswhere - as it was kind of a diff. question. As long as calling the EX EQ and TU won't get me in hot water, I'd almost rather do that (**bleep** confrontation issues anayways) ...lol

PS: I did pull them directly from EX - they r the only ones I have regular acess to right now.

Message Edited by Iridescent_Identity on 11-05-2008 09:29 PM
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

and sending a reference to that law you mentioned would be awsomely handy of you
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.