Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Contributor

Re: Congrats on the approval and satisfying your debts! Get t...

I just paid off debt in CA in SOL . So good lol 

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013

Hey everyone,

Just want to say that within the past few months - after "settling in full" all my debts, and officially being DEBT FREE, that my credit score as risen almost 100 points!

It still isn't great though, but I am so excited to finally be out of the 500's in regards to my FICO score only. For some reason, the credit bureaus (individually) still have me in the upper 5's (but hoping to turn this around soon as well!).

I have established two new credit cards through Capital One- and I have been paying them EARLY or on time, every time.

Here is the thing though.. I am about to go for  a mortgage loan very soon, with a credit score (MYFICO score) of only 617. To be approved for the FHA loan I know you need at least a 639/640. I know it is possible for me to get there, but I need it to happen like overnight, lol.

After I settled all my debts, I tried doing a couple GW's but didn't hear anything. Right now, I have $0 balances on all my debts listed on my credit reports, but they all say Charge Offs & the payment history is still VERY bad.

What do I need to say in my GW letters to have all this BAD stuff removed/adjusted?

Thank you so much for all your help!!

Regular Contributor

I am so happy to read this!! Way to go!! It gives me so much confidence to read such great success stories. I'm going to be paying off most of my bad debt when my tax refund and annual bonus come to me in the next 30-45 days, and I hope that my credit score jumps as much as yours did! I'm also working on getting some of my PIF collections off of my CR - so hoping that in the next 6 months or so that I have a huge jump too! Congrats!

New Contributor

Do you have a significant other or family member that will add you as an authorized user on one or more of their credit cards?  If so that would give you an instant score boost.  Hopefully it will be an old account that has never been late and is at a 0 balance. Even better if the limit is over 2K.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.