Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAM says they will delete?

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: PAM says they will delete?

Immediately write to the CRA and get documentation of the DOFD they have reported to the CRAs.  Send an information request under FCRA609(a)(1).  Debt collectors are required to report the DOFD on the OC account to the CRA within 90 days of reporting their collection, and FCRA 623(a)(5) sets very specific restrictions on what they can report.

If contemplating legal action, make sure you  have clear evidence that they actually reported update of the "FCRA Compliance Date/Date of First Delinquency" code, which is required reporting under FCRA 623(a)(5).  Dont guess that a DOLA was reported as a change in the DOFD.

If you have clear evidency that the DOFD was reported as a date that violates the reporting provisions of section 623(a)(5), then you have improper reaging.

To become illegal reaging, you would have the additional burden of showing that they did so with knowledge of its inaccuracy.

Message 11 of 13
tipofthespork
Contributor

Thanks Robert. I will read up on and follow your advice. I'm new to this whole process so it might take me a bit. Quick question, does,it matter that it is the oc doing this? They never sent it to a ca but kept it "in house" instead

Starting Score: 574(may 2012)
Current Score: 574
Goal Score: 640 (to start)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have dealt with Pioneer Military Lending and they are some tough ones to deal with and keep my cool. Here recently I have finally talked with someone there that was helpful and we were able to meet in the middle and get things rolling. Let me know if you need his name, he helped me a lot. But I realize that I owed them the debt and wanted to make good on my past debt with them...even if when they first started collecting they were awful to deal with. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.