Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF, GW, or let it slide

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PDF, GW, or let it slide

Hello all....Long time lurker, first time call.....errr poster.

I have reading this forum over the past few months as I started subscribing to the myfico service and actually paying attention to things. My credit overall is fair to good in the rebuilding process, but I have a few things on my credit that I am trying to figure out what to do with. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated as this FICO model thing seems.....confusing.

1st, I have multiple addresses on my report, some that I have never lived at, I.E. other family members, etc. I do not know how they got there, but they are not mine and I am sure I can prove that, but that in itself have influence on scoring?

2nd, There is an alias name on TU that is not or ever was me. I have had the same name my whole life, but there it is. Same question, does it effect anything?

3rd, All 3 have different credit history length, 6 years, 7 years, and 23 years respectiively. What's up with that?

4th, I have two bad accounts that are mine, have been charged off, and are not with the OC but as follows:

Credit One Bank Date Opened: 05/03/2007 Responsibility: Individual Account Account Type: Revolving Account Loan Type: CREDIT CARD
Balance: $0 Date Updated: 08/23/2013  Last Payment Made: 07/30/2008  High Balance: $623  Credit Limit: $250
Pay Status: >Account paid in Full; was a Charge-off< Date Closed: 12/09/2008 Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 08/2015

Even though this was closed in 2008, EX shows the charge off in 11/12.

DSNB/BLOOMINGDALES Date Opened: 04/05/2008   Responsibility: Individual Account   Account Type: Revolving Account  Loan Type: CHARGE ACCOUNT
Balance: $506  Date Updated: 08/16/2013  Last Payment Made: 07/16/2008  High Balance: $506  Credit Limit: $393  Past Due: >$506  <Pay Status: >Charged Off<
Terms: Paid Monthly  Date Closed: 12/04/2008  >Maximum Delinquency of 120 days in 12/2008 and in 02/2009<
Remarks: ACCT INFO DISPUTED BY CONSUMR; CLOSED BY CREDIT GRANTOR; >UNPAID BALANCE CHARGED OFF<
Estimated month and year that this item will be removed: 06/2015

Even though this was closed in 2008, EQ shows a charge off in 7/13 and EX in 11/12 as well.

#4 is the main question. What do I do with these things? As of right now, they are the only "negaitive" things that are on all 3 reports, but only as a negative indicator in TU & EX. How much are these effecting my score currently? If I was able to get them removed VIA GW or PFD, would that do anything? Since they drop next year and are past the SOL in my state would it be any different than if I just let them age out? How do they show charge off dates well past the account life? They literally show a payment timeline of no status for years, then suddenly *BOOM* charged off.

Again, just looking for a liitle input on my quest to 700+ (really not that far off) and still do not understand the FICO thing enough to know what hurts or not. Plus, up until this point, I did things the hard way I.E. not knowing about this forum, and have seen how helpful everyone is.

Again, I appreciate any help or insight given.

AdCred1

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: PDF, GW, or let it slide

Hello and welcome!!

For your addresses, you can simply have them removed by either calling or disputing them on your credit reports. I did both and they were removed immediately. For your name, you will probably have to show them a copy of your state issued ID, sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. But that's also something you can call about. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PDF, GW, or let it slide

That sounds easy enough, but do you know if that in of itself has an effect on anything scorewise?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.