Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF? GW?

tag
Muff
Regular Contributor

PDF? GW?

Hello I'm new to the board, working on rebuilding my credit, my first plan was to just pay off all my debts with possible settlements. tomorrow I had planned to pay a midland acct of $463 and a Comcast of $85 but as I'm reading should I first send letters For deletion THEN pay? Sorry if my question sounds simple just trying to see what route is best.

thanks

EQ 618
TU 627
EX ?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PDF? GW?

@Muff wrote:

Hello I'm new to the board, working on rebuilding my credit, my first plan was to just pay off all my debts with possible settlements. tomorrow I had planned to pay a midland acct of $463 and a Comcast of $85 but as I'm reading should I first send letters For deletion THEN pay? Sorry if my question sounds simple just trying to see what route is best.

thanks

Hold on here, do not rush into paying anything. First off how old are these COs?? Are they past your states SOL??

Message 2 of 7
Muff
Regular Contributor

Thanks for responding, the Tmobile is actually about 6 years old almost, and the comcast is about 3...any advice would help, I have only used credit karma but after getting so much help from this board I am going to get a membership tomorrow and get a better look at my credit report so I dont have solid info, only what I see on credit karma. again any advice will help me, im so lost

EQ 618
TU 627
EX ?
Message 3 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Muff wrote:

Thanks for responding, the Tmobile is actually about 6 years old almost, and the comcast is about 3...any advice would help, I have only used credit karma but after getting so much help from this board I am going to get a membership tomorrow and get a better look at my credit report so I dont have solid info, only what I see on credit karma. again any advice will help me, im so lost

Anything thats approaching 6 yrs or even older I would not do anything with if they are not updating on a monthly basis, if you dont get a PFD and it updates to paid status it will drop your FICO score. before you make a move on anything you want to order hard copies of your credit reports directly from the CRAs they have a wealth of info on them that you cant get online even at the CRAs website. When you get them you triage all your derogs into groups and work on 1 group at a time. If you dont understand something you can pose a question on a TL in this forum for some help.

If you are dealing with a CA your first line of defense is going to be a DV, the one listed may not even have legal authority to collect on the debt. You also need to know your states SOL, these are time limits on types of debts that the OC can use the court system to get a judgment. I will give you a general warning on dealing with something inside the SOL, dont unless you have the funds to PIF there can be unintended consequences on poking the bear inside SOL (i.e a lawsuit)...

Message 4 of 7
Muff
Regular Contributor

Thank you sooo much Smiley Happy))))) I truly appreciate this advice because I was going in completely blind!! Ordering hard copies tomorrow!!

EQ 618
TU 627
EX ?
Message 5 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forum 

Forum trick quoting 

Under the message you wish to respond to 

Click reply 

Top right hand corner 

Click quote 

Enter response Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 7
Muff
Regular Contributor

Thank you Smiley Happy

EQ 618
TU 627
EX ?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.