Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PETITION FOR REVIVAL OF JUDGMENT

tag
rred4
Regular Contributor

PETITION FOR REVIVAL OF JUDGMENT

Judgment from 2004 just fell off my credit report and i checked the court records in cook county il and it seems they (UNIFUND CCR PARTNER) have been going to court with me is there anyway they can put this back on my credit or is the SOL up on this account

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 750(EQ) 746(TU)
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: PETITION FOR REVIVAL OF JUDGMENT

@rred4 wrote:

Judgment from 2004 just fell off my credit report and i checked the court records in cook county il and it seems they (UNIFUND CCR PARTNER) have been going to court with me is there anyway they can put this back on my credit or is the SOL up on this account

Civil and small claim judgments can remain on your CR for 7years,from the date the judgment was filed.

SOL has nothing to do with the time limit on Credit reporting, they are 2 very different things.

SOL is the legal time limit a creditor can collect.

Judgments can be renewed in some states, you just have to check your state laws.

In Illinois , a judgment can be revived within 20 years of date of judgment--

Source of info can be found in the Illinois state laws 735 ILCS 5/13-218 

What do you mean by................" it seems they (Unifund CCR Partner) have been going to court with me"?

Has someone contacted you about this judgment?

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 7
virgo
Established Contributor

Please read my earlier post. The courts do not put these on your credit report the cb's hire vendors. Please read my post.
Message 3 of 7
Booner72
Senior Contributor

IS THE JUDGMENT PAID?

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 7
rred4
Regular Contributor

The judgment has not been paid but I want to pay it without it going back on my credit.  I checked the cook county court records and they have been going to court for a revival and there is a court date coming up in Dec I want to satisfy the judgment out of court and be done with it

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Until a court enters a new judgment that alters a prior judgment, that judgment stands.  The credit report exclusion period for the judgment of record now excludes its inclusion in your CR.  If a new judgment is rendered, it has its own life to deal with.

The SOL would definately have no bearing on CR exclusion. The CR exclusion periods under FCRA 605(a) control the entirely separate issue of CR inclusion/exclusion.

I also doubt that the SOL would apply to a renewed court proceeding, as action was initially brought within the SOL.

Message 6 of 7
rred4
Regular Contributor

So if  I make an arraignments to pay before the court date can I prevent it from going back on my credit report,

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.