cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD CONFUSION due by OCT 15th!

tag
Bcutiebooti

PFD CONFUSION due by OCT 15th!

A CA mailed me PFD on their letterhead confirming they would remove an item from my CR once paid in full on OCT 15th. They later were upset by an email I sent questioning the DV and over the phone said they will only update to PIF. Is this legal??? Can I make the payment and dispute the PIF for a removal using the letter they sent me? Does the verbal out way the written?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: PFD CONFUSION due by OCT 15th!

You are in contract negotiations.

While they may have previously made an offer, they can rescind it.  While their recission at this point is only oral, it was communicated.

Thus, I think you would have hard time enforcing an offer than you agree was verbally rescinded.

Personally, I would send payment, along with a copy of their prior offer and a statement that payment is sent as your acceptance of their offer.

It would then be up to them to accept by depositing your payment, or reject with a statement that their prior offer is no longer in force.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.