Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Cavalry Portfolio

tag
chinarydr
Established Member

PFD Cavalry Portfolio

I have blasted Cavalry Portfolio executives emails with PFD offers on an account, and have persistently tried following up to no avail. Not to surprising by what I have read here about Cavalry. I did notice that before I sent PFD's that I was able to offer (if I chose to, but did not) a payment plan through their website, After I offered PFD I can no longer do this. It says this account is not eligible for the payment offer and I would have to speak with someone. I also noticed a note in my credit report under their debt tradeline " Account in dispute-reported by subscriber". Should I read that they could be doing a DV even though I didn't ask to at this point, or should I read nothing into it? This account is within a year or so of dropping off report anyways. I was just hoping for a successful PFD, no problems with them. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 615
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

Re: PFD Cavalry Portfolio

I've never heard of Cavarly doing a PFD; however, if you send them a DV and they cannot provide documentation, they will likely remove it. That's what happened to me. I had read several of their responses to BBB complaints and found that it is their internal policy to respond to DVs even if they are not timely. I sent mine, waited more than 60 days during which time I got an acknowledgment letter and than a stall tactic letter, and then submitted a BBB complaint when they did not send validation. The collection was gone from my reports within about 10 days.

It is possible that they read your PFD as a dispute, particularly if you used one of the samples from this forum that has the word "dispute" in the first paragraph. It seems like some collection agencies and creditors take every bit of communication about their credit reporting as a dispute. I sent Capital One a question - seriously, just a question, no request of any kind for a change - via online messaging, and they added dispute comments to my credit report.

Starting Score: EQ: 478 | EX: 499 | TU: 534 Current Score:EQ: 759 | EX: 805 | TU: 830 Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 17
NY2014
Established Contributor

Hello Calvary uses this excuse to report to CRA, I contacted Calvary regarding to look into a debt to verify because they had a different account info no info regarding my Address name, they call it the Metro 2 system I challenge there ethics,first verify with Credit agency they so called put in a dispute in consumers request . Here's the deal. If one dispute.a collection agency is allowed to open into consumers report in this case a Debt buyer update report, change and notify the original creditor which makes it a frivolous dispute due to you contacted them and validated the debt is yours. So the question is why would they offer a PFD.? If you you sent a DV letter and they did not respond (" thank you RobertG for your help" ) and file a compliant.first make sure the DV did not trigger or mistaken as a dispute.

Good luck.
Fico Score 10/6 EQ 702,16 INQ,TU 740, 9,iNQ EX 705,21 INQ,13%UTIL-
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 3 of 17
chinarydr
Established Member

Hello

Never sent DV. I kind of jumped the gun with offering a PFD first. I also noticed yesterday these guys are reporting this  (a charge off account) as "KD" every month for last year and a half!

Message 4 of 17
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

I too am dealing with this debt collector and was just about to send a PFD letter. I'll hae to keep following this thread and see how things go

Message 5 of 17
chinarydr
Established Member

I have tried for months with PFD's to avail. Filed complaint today against them for their reporting.

Message 6 of 17
DestinyV
Established Member

@chinarydr wrote:

I have blasted Cavalry Portfolio executives emails with PFD offers on an account, and have persistently tried following up to no avail. Not to surprising by what I have read here about Cavalry. I did notice that before I sent PFD's that I was able to offer (if I chose to, but did not) a payment plan through their website, After I offered PFD I can no longer do this. It says this account is not eligible for the payment offer and I would have to speak with someone. I also noticed a note in my credit report under their debt tradeline " Account in dispute-reported by subscriber". Should I read that they could be doing a DV even though I didn't ask to at this point, or should I read nothing into it? This account is within a year or so of dropping off report anyways. I was just hoping for a successful PFD, no problems with them. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

I did a DV with these "People" over 2 years ago, took them about 3 months to get back to me. It was for an old auto loan from my young and dumb days. They gave me a VERY generic response. I tried to set something up, they asked for more money than the loan was at the time I had it. Like 200+ more. Uh yea, definitely not going to happen. I did the bad thing, IGNORED. Well, they decided to take me to court. I hired a lawyer, went 3 times and I won. They're taking their sweet time taking everything off my report, listed as due to be deleted in July (we went to court in April). I would go back and forth with them, but honestly waiting 2 weeks after dealing with them for almost 3 years isn't that bad. They're a pain in the butt, and extremely difficult to work with. Good luck, sorry I couldn't really give advice, just my personal experience.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 665
Goal Score: 710

Message 7 of 17
chinarydr
Established Member

Thanks. Your experience seems to be about par from what I have read about these guys. uggg. Thanks!

Message 8 of 17
NY2014
Established Contributor

Sent PM Hope this helps Smiley Wink
,10 yrs history,1.6 yr AA Cap1 Plat,VentureOne,QS ,Barckey RCI, BBVA,Amex BCE,CSP,NFCU Flag, NFCU Go,NFCU,Cloc NFCU busin,NFCU busin Cloc,Amex Delta busn,Bj's busn Perks,Hawaiian air busin, Citi dc, Discover IT,Chase Hyatt,U.S bank flex perks.,Am,ex Business Plat JCP. Commercial, citi Hilton
Message 9 of 17
NY2014
Established Contributor

Sent you on hope this will help
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.