Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Clarification and more...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD Clarification and more...

Oh! I've just read so many posts saying to seek validation before making any kind of attempt to settle (including PFD) that I assumed I had done things wrong. Not that anyone has responded, mind you. I was going to dispute next. Are you suggesting I keep trying the PFD route? Sad to say, everything that is listed is accurate. I do have the capitol to make the payments, but I wanted to see if I could get things removed.
Message 11 of 16
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh! I've just read so many posts saying to seek validation before making any kind of attempt to settle (including PFD) that I assumed I had done things wrong. Not that anyone has responded, mind you. I was going to dispute next. Are you suggesting I keep trying the PFD route? Sad to say, everything that is listed is accurate. I do have the capitol to make the payments, but I wanted to see if I could get things removed.

Debt validation is not disputing.. Different processes.. DV is relating to debt collection and FDCPA, disputing is FCRA

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 12 of 16
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

If everything is listed as accurate then what would be your reason for the dispute?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, sorry for confusing you! I am planning on requesting validation.
Message 14 of 16
ReachingMyGoals
Valued Member

Thank you all so very kindly for assisting me in making the right decision.  You are offering valuable information that I intend to use.  I know...Easy Does It...Slow and Steady and all Mantras  BUT, guess what, I can win the race if I don't actively participate.  Nor can I monitor the rate of speed if I'm not moving.  So again thank you and please keep the suggestions coming.

Redeemed or Reinstated Repossession w/ a DOFD of 3/2009 due to come off 6/ 2015 - Is this a car repossession? If so which company? 

Yes, Wells Fargo was the OC

Lane Bryant showing Closed but Transfer/Sold Pays As Agreed. - This might not be a negative listing, was it sold and charged off? Is there a colleciton on there for this? 

Yes, Charged Off.  I believe Asset Acceptance and LVNV both are listing this.  If its not LVNV, I truly do not know what they have this listed for.

This account is w/ a CA.  It is acutally showing 3 times on my CR.  Asset Acceptance and LVNV - Do both of these collections show a balance? Only one will be able to report an outstanding balance.

Only the CA's show balances.

Target CO now currently with Midland - Does the Target account show a balance? Likely this account has been sold, and you will not be able to work with Target. You should send a DV; have you ever received a dunning notice on this? 

I have received settlement notices from them.  Will a DV still be appropriate?

A Paid Collection for Cap 1 w/ a CA DOFD was 8/2006 . Is the Cap1 and the collection showing? You could GW this on both, but the CO and CA will likely fall off between 9 and 14 months at this point.   

I believe the DOFD is incorrect looking at this because, the account wasn't opened until 8/2006 per the TU CR.

It's not due to come off until 11/2015. 

Medical Paid Collection - Send a GW - Who is the company? Was it paid in full or settled?    I believe it was a local CA, it was paid in full.

I would like to work with the ones that have been paid getting those removed.  Then move to PFD's for the Target and Lane Bryant.  Will I be able to GW Wells Fargo? You will not be able to PFD the OC if they have sold the debt. Once they have sold it, they no longer own it, the CA does and they cannot accept payment. You can GW them, but CO's are harder to GW than a paid collection  

Sorry, when i mentioned PFD, I was referring the to CA's who now hold the acct. for these two companies.   Wells Fargo was the Repo...what shall I do with them?

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 580
Goal Score: 700

Message 15 of 16
ReachingMyGoals
Valued Member

WOW!!!Woman Sad

Just printed my CR from Experian.  I have some stuff on here that I didn't realize.  I must get to work. 

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 580
Goal Score: 700

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.