Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD, DV, or Dispute Help

tag
piscesmommy1987
Established Member

PFD, DV, or Dispute Help

Hi everyone,

I've been doing some research so I can get started on rebuilding my credit. I've just received my secured credit card today with a $200 limit. I planned on keeping the balance below $20. I wanted to know where I should start. I've pulled all three reports and I have at least 20 accounts on them all. I was very young and dumb years ago. Some I can pay over time because they are less than $200 (about five of them). The rest are out of my range right now. Where should I go from here? I have many medicals bills, and old eviction, and one old credit card that's been sold to a CA. Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PFD, DV, or Dispute Help

I recommend saving up for any given debt prior to launching into DVs or PFDs. Make sure you have 100% saved up prior to tackling a debt because they might reject any settlement offer and come after you for 100%. Or if SOL expired then you can certainly begin repair. Send DVs to the CAs. If they verify and you agree, then send a PFD. If they agree in writing, then pay it and they'll delete. If any given debts are unpaid COs, then send PFDs. For any paid baddies, send GWs.

Message 2 of 3
piscesmommy1987
Established Member

Re: PFD, DV, or Dispute Help

Thank you for the help 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.