Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD-Deletions

tag
dznen1
Regular Contributor

PFD-Deletions

I have a question.  I have a voluntary repo that is falling off my cr's next month, i have 3-4 others that have come off my cr in the past month because of the 7-7.5 year period. The repo is the oldest showing right now.  Will this hurt me, credit score wise, when these are removed? This will make my credit file a lot slimmer as this occurs, right?

If I pfd, that can hurt also, right?  

I'm jut trying to get a better understanding. I do have a mortgage. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: PFD-Deletions

If it is your oldest account you will lose some points due to losing AAoA.  But, you may gain points because a major derogatory has been removed.  It could be an even break and your score does not go up or down.

PFDing would produce the same thing.  When the account is removed, either through PFD or falling off, you will lose AAoA, but gain because of a major derogatory being removed.  Your utilization will also drop because the balance will no longer play into it.  You may get points for that.

Message 2 of 5
dznen1
Regular Contributor

I would rather have less baddies than the AAoA, as this point.  I hope to get a Public Savings Card to help to start to rebuild after I have gotten some good results from pfd'ing and deletions of old accounts.

Thanks so much 

Message 3 of 5
poet
Regular Contributor

Don't PFD if you can't pay in full. Otherwise, you're setting yourself up for big trouble.

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 673 EQ, 681 TU, 650 EX
Goal Score: 720

Update April 1: TU 615/EQ624
Update June 28: TU 641/EQ 626
Update Sept 21: TU 681, EQ 673, EX 650 (FAKO)
I FINALLY got that car at the rate I wanted! Thanks, FICO Forums!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
dznen1
Regular Contributor

Yes, I know from reading these forum posts, to make sure I can pay in full and getting in writing their agreement to delete when paid.

Thanks for the reminder, though.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.