Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Does not Delete What Do I Do Now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD Does not Delete What Do I Do Now?

A CA gave me a pfd letter at this time almost two months ago. The 30 days that they claim the items should have fallen off already expired. I followed the advice here and contacted them about resubmitting the delete.

They claim that they resubmitted and at that time they told me to give another week until the following Monday, that was two weeks ago and all 3 bureaus are still reporting this.

I have done other pfd and they have deleted between a few days all the way up to the 30 days required. I understand that one cra may be more delayed than another, but for there to be no delete is another thing.

I know they don't have to do anything according to the law, however, this is a paid collection and it is still showing up as a recent open collection in my records.

What is the proper next step to follow-should I go through the BBB and upload the letter that states that it should have deleted after 30 days and should I also show snippets of my report showing how it is still showing as a current open collection while it has been paid.

This is for the last utility bill from the cable company that never reached me in time after I changed my address.

Please help me with the next steps to follow. I don't want to keep asking them to resubmit as I have done that already and nothing has changed. After this I only have two collections left and just want to move on from this.

Thanks.

Edit: I am concern about disputing it as a paid collection because I don't want them to turn around and just come back with a paid remark if the agreement was a pfd.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD Does not Delete What Do I Do Now?

File a complaint with the BBB. You can also send an ITS (Intent to Sue) letter.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

File a dispute with the PFD letter as evidence

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the response. I was leaning towards the BBB.

Message 4 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

File a dispute with the PFD letter as evidence

This is to be done as a last resort as the CAs have agreements with the CRAs to not delete paid collections. If one files a dispute with the CRA over it then the CA is going to take flak over it for not conforming to CRA policy and it makes it that much harder for the next person to get a goodwill PFD.

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would not file a dispute.

First, there is no inaccuracy in reporting upon which to base a dispute, and second, CRA policy instructs furnishers not to delete based on payment of a debt.

A dispute will only inform the CRA that their furnisher is not complying with their policy.

You do have legal recourse.

Their agreement is a valid contract, and you can bring civil action for breach of contract.

Asserting a poor business practice via a BBB complaint is a good first, and informal, step, but civil action has the clout.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once again thanks Robert and GDale6 and everyone else as well. I will be filing with the BBB tonight in hopes to speed this up. I will keep everyone updated after I hear back. I don't intend to dispute with the cra, I understand that point, however I want this resolved.. 

Update: This tradeline was only showing on my Experian and Equifax. I was going to do BBB last night but was too tired and decided to do it this morning. Before I woke up there was an alert from experian about a dispute resolved. I told myself I have no disputes but went and checked. The collection is gone, it is still showing on the EX dashboard but not on my Experian Report. Now I have no collections on Experian only my first premier charge off that is getting deleted within 30 days and my only charge off left is amazon/pra. My score jumped 20 points and now I am at 663, Wow. Now my last late is this charge off from over 2 years ago. 2 years of Good History on Experian.

Instead of going to the BBB, I will give it another week to wait and see if it falls off Equifax. I will update when and if it does fall off Equifax. It is nice to see some movement. So Happy!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.