Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Example Letter

tag
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: PFD Example Letter

Medical collection from 2008 will most likely not have any impact on obtaining a mortgage.

Paying the debt will have little to no impact on your scores. If you are able to work out the PFD then that has the best chance to raise your scores.

Depending on other items on your credit report, there may be other ways to raise your scores.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 341 of 471
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Kristie
Sent you a PM
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 342 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello I am new to this.

I recently pull a CR and noticed a CA called MEDICREDIT Corporation has a unpaid collection for $200 for a medical exam for which I had given the hospital my health inusance information.  It will be rolling off the report in Sept 2013.  I would like to use the PFD letter to see if they would allow me to pay in full and remove this from the three CR agencies. 

Does that sound reasonable?  Is there alot of success in working with this CA?Anything I should be careful of?

Thank you for your time.

Message 343 of 471
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Drone-
First try this..
Most hospitals can waive fees but the dr portion can not. Especially if you have a limited income.
All you have to do is ASK!
Message 344 of 471
MindKntrl
Valued Member

I know this is an old thread, started YEARS ago, but I wanted to toally THANK YOU for this letter..  I have been looking for one this thorough, and you just saved me a lot of time formulating one.  These forums ROCK!

Starting Score: EQ - 639, TU - 647, EXP - 656 -- 1/14/14
Current Score: EQ - 722, TU - 754, EXP - 757
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 345 of 471
YMLDC09
New Contributor

I am new here and have viewed more than a few of your responses/posts etc and they are extremely helpful. You mentioned using a GW Letter for paid accounts reflecting negative information. Would you post one that you have or would use if you needed to..thank you!

Message 346 of 471
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Yolanda-
Do you need a GW letter to the hospital because you have a limited income or a PFD letter to the OC or the CA? Or just a PFD letter..Give me a lot more detail and I can help you with a great letter.
Message 347 of 471
YMLDC09
New Contributor

Lasardo:

I am cleaning up my reports. I called ATT this morning following the GW letter by telling them I have been with them for 6 yrs paying them $200/mo every month and haven't been late once. They are removing the account from the collections agency and I am PIF for it to be deleted from all 3 within 30 days.
It happened b/c I moved to OH and changed by numbers from TX. Crazy!  BTW is was over $80.00..Smiley Mad

I also have a collection from a local gas company which in the midst of moving didn't pay: $98.00. I will try the same method with the gas co first then the collection co as a last resort with a phone call requesting a PFD letter from them.

I have a few late pays on student loans when I didn't get them the paperwork for a deferral. GWs to them as still have accounts with each of the lenders.

Good accounts:

I have an installment loan that has been paid on-time every month since last July 2012. It is on Autopay every month. Easy.

I was also thinking of a secured HD card from USBank. I don't currently have any CCs. Amount doesn't matter right?: $500-$1k with no more than 20% Util is my goal.

What do you think?

Message 348 of 471
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Lasardo, could you PM me your successful PFD and GW letters? I have two unpaid accounts in collections. One is medical (chiropractor) $534 and the other is $139 for a cell phone. I'm thinking I can do PFD for those two. I have a third medical CA ($79) that I paid yesterday and they said they'd delete the tradeline within 30 days. I want a GW letter handy just in case they don't honor their word. Thanks so much for your help.

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 349 of 471
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Here are 2 great example GW letters, of course edit to your exact situation:

Below are example GW (Goodwill) letters you can use.

-----------

YOUR NAME
YOUR ADDRESS 1
YOUR ADDRESS 2

Month Day , 20XX

COMPANY NAME
DEPARTMENT NAME
ADDRESS
CITY, STATE ZIP

Dear Ms. NAME:

I have been an company name customer since 19XX and during that time, I have enjoyed my experience with company name greatly. I am writing to see if you would be willing to make a "goodwill" adjustment to your reporting to the three credit agencies. I have two a late payments on the above referenced account that date back to 19XX. Since that time I have been an exceptional customer paying every month on time.

Because of my exceptional payment history over the last X years, I would like you to consider removing the negative payments from my credit report. At the time of the late payments, I was in the process of changing jobs. I say that not to justify why the payments were late, but rather to show that the late payments are not a good indicator of my actual credit worthiness. I hope that company name is willing to work with me on erasing this mark from my credit reports.

I have been a very happy customer in the past and hope to continue a long relationship with company name. With today’s credit industry so competitive, I know how important it is to maintain good relationships with customers. Company name has been exceptional in my book so far and I highly recommend it to all my friends and relatives. I hope that you will deeply consider my request and prove once again, why company name is heads above the rest. I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

your name

OR

Date

Regarding: Account No. XXXXX

COMPANY NAME
DEPARTMENT NAME
ADDRESS
CITY, STATE ZIP

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing a letter about my experience with xxxxxx that is a mixture of a grateful "thank-you" and a pressing request concerning a xxxxxx Charge Card tradeline in my credit files that I would like to have revised.

I received the xxxxxx card in [YEAR], several years before I [CHAOTIC LIFE EVENT -- A MOVE, A BIRTH, MEDICAL SICKNESS, ETC.]. Later when I experienced the [CHAOTIC LIFE EVENT] and while working on [WORK PROJECT], I became disorganized with respect to, as you saw, making timely payments with xxxxxx. I fully recognize my responsibility with respect to payable accounts and have worked diligently to rehabilitate my relationship with xxxxxx since that time.

To be honest, that year was a "wake-up" call for me regarding fiscal organization. Since then I believe I have learned the essential organizational and financial management principles I desperately needed at that point. Thankfully, responsible credit management is now reflected in my credit records which -- excluding the xxxxxx card late entry -- are excellent. I wish to thank you for renewing your confidence in me and for giving me a second chance at a relationship with you, one that I am determined to keep spotless.

We are about to shop for a mortgage, and it has come to my attention that the late notations from xxxxxx may preclude me from taking full advantage of the very lowest interest rates now available. Since those notations do not reflect my current status with xxxxxx, I am requesting that you give me a second chance at a positive credit rating by revising those tradelines. Your customer service representative suggested that I write you for a "goodwill adjustment." I sincerely hope that there is redemption at xxxxxxx, and I beg you for such consideration. Please let me know if any additional documentation would assist in reaching a positive outcome, and I thank you again for the time you have spent reading this letter.

Very hopefully yours,

Name
Address
City, STATE ZIP

Message 350 of 471
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.