PFD Example Letter

tag
Wangta

Re: PFD Example Letter

Got it.  So it would hold up in court?  

Message 371 of 471
Ewoky

I have had success with two different CAs on 4 different accounts using this letter.  THANKS A MILLION!!!

Message 372 of 471
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Who have your successes been with? 

Message 373 of 471
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

I have several PFDs typed & ready to mail. I did not use Tuscani's example. My question is whether or not the letter should say I dispute the debt? I don't want them to open up a dispute w/ the CRAs. My letter says that I do not acknowledge the debt, the letter is not a payment arrangement unless they agree and that the letter is not a dispute.
Do I need to revise the letter? I have revised it five times.

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 374 of 471
Ewoky

I have been successful with CSD Collections out of Baton Rouge, LA and Louisiana Recovery Services out of Lafayette, LA.  I also sent one to CCR Services out of Columbus OH and got a return phone call within 20 minutes referring me to another department at the original creditor's office. Sent one as well to Credit Collection Services in Needham, MA (I think a Progressive Insurance Collection).  No response yet on that one.

Message 375 of 471

Fixmycred14, be aware that by stating I do not acknowledge the debt you are in fact disputing it. I found that out after sending a PFD regarding a medical collection. FirstSource immediately sent my letter to all three reporting agencies and listed it as such. Two agencies actually added the account to my credit reports due to this , and FirstSource was not willing to work with me. Three other companies did agree to my request and followed through in deleting the accounts.
Message 376 of 471

Hi Ewoky. Did you have any luck with Credit Collection Services? I just finished sending payment to a creditor and was considering sending CCS a PFD regarding a Progressive account.
Message 377 of 471

Thank you so much for posting this example! I tweaked it and mailed PDF's to 4 creditors. 3 CA's accepted my request. I immediately submitted payments and the items (4 total) were removed within 1-2 weeks! Some agencies are faster than others. The fourth CA submitted my letter to all three bureaus and did not accept my request.

Please note that it does take a few tries with some CA's. if they tell you no, try to reach out again to someone in management. I did quite a bit of digging online and was able to locate department heads of many companies. Good luck everyone!
Message 378 of 471
23tony

Hi,

So I keep trying to post this and even though it's not posting, I'm getting a notice of "post flooding". Also getting a notice of invalid HTML so I'm removing the formatting... Weird...

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I didn't think I should start a new thread since this one is so relevant.

I have recently found an "active" collection from 2008 that seems to be impacting my score significantly. It's a medical collection, from Medicredit. They are reporting activity every month - as I understand it, this keeps it current which causes a greater impact on my score.

The thing is, I'm not really sure what it's for. I can venture a guess, but that's about it. I don't remember ever hearing from them in any way. I was thinking of sending a PFD to see if I could get it to just go away - since it would still be recent collection activity if I just PIF.

After reading all the comments here, I was thinking of taking a bit softer of an approach, instead of taking a hard-line stand. I was also thinking that I might send the PFD before requesting DV - not so much as a threat, but more as a "let's resolve this instead of fighting about it" (especially since I'm offering to pay their extra charges, which I'm pretty sure they can't really get). So here is what I was thinking of sending - any comments or suggestions?

-----
To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing in response to finding a n entry on my credit report regarding the account listed above. I am unaware of this collection account and I can find no communications from your company regarding it. However, in order to resolve this matter, I am willing to offer to settle the debt.

Please understand that I am in no way acknowledging this debt. As stated, I am unaware of this collection account and I have no knowledge of the service or provider that is being billed for.

In the interest of a quick and simple resolution, I am willing to pay the amount of $180 in return for your agreement to remove all information regarding this debt from the credit reporting agencies within 15 calendar days of payment.

If you accept this offer, please send a letter on your company letterhead, signed by an authorized agent of Medicredit Corporation, stating your agreement and the terms, to the address above. This letter will be considered a contract subject to the laws of my state. Upon receipt of this letter, I will send a certified payment in the amount of $180. By accepting this offer, you agree not to discuss the offer with any third party, excluding the original creditor.

This offer will remain in effect for 15 days. Please forward your agreement to the address listed above.
-----

Might this work? Is it too soft? Advice is much appreciated!

Message 379 of 471
ktm214
Frequent Contributor

Too much demanding. You are asking for a favor. The jargon about 15 days, legally binding contract, and company letterhead need to be removed, in my opinion. IME, be nice, say please and thankyou, be short. This original letter, in my opinion, needs to be removed.
Message 380 of 471
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.