Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Example Letter

tag
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PFD Example Letter

This line simply provides an extra level of protection.  
Message 41 of 471
bott6698
Established Contributor

Tuscani, I am new here but I am so happy to be here. I have struggled with my credit for 10 years and I want to make a positive change. I am def going to try this letter to all collection accounts I can pay off. Thanks so much for this valuable information and do you know if this works in any state?
10/11/2017 EQ 640 TU 639 EX 652 12/10/2016 EQ 621 TU 607 EX 626 10/10/16 EQ566 TU591 EX 587
01/31/2008 EX 502 EQ 466 TU 481
3/14/2008 EX 578 EQ 539 TU 543
4/16/2008 EX 622 EQ 532 TU 578
5/19/2008 EX 604 EQ 591 TU 592
1/1/2009 EQ 625 EX 576 TU 569
02/13/2009 EQ 648 EX 617 TU 590
09/28/2009 EQ 568 TU 591
Thanks to all Fico supporters for your encouragement and advice
Message 42 of 471
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

bott6698 wrote:
Tuscani, I am new here but I am so happy to be here. I have struggled with my credit for 10 years and I want to make a positive change. I am def going to try this letter to all collection accounts I can pay off. Thanks so much for this valuable information and do you know if this works in any state?

Welcome. The state you reside in should not matter.
Message 43 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had success with this letter, thanks again. My problem is that the CRA's are not reporting that it was paid in full or paid at all after I disputed the item. My next step is to send them a certified letter from the collection agency stating that I did pay it off and that they did say that would delete completly from my credit report.
Message 44 of 471
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

MsBenz06 wrote:
I have had success with this letter, thanks again. My problem is that the CRA's are not reporting that it was paid in full or paid at all after I disputed the item. My next step is to send them a certified letter from the collection agency stating that I did pay it off and that they did say that would delete completly from my credit report.

You gave the CA 30 days to update right?
Message 45 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

I registered to rain on the parade just a bit... Be careful using PFD letters. States Statute of Limitations may be tolled (re-started) by acknowledging the debt!!. Payments to someone (the Collections Agency) other than the original Creditor don't usually toll the SOL, but if you acknowledge the debt it may give them the ability to go after you in Court.
Message 46 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

VERY Good Letter Tus.
Message 47 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

BMWe30nut wrote:
I registered to rain on the parade just a bit... Be careful using PFD letters. States Statute of Limitations may be tolled (re-started) by acknowledging the debt!!. Payments to someone (the Collections Agency) other than the original Creditor don't usually toll the SOL, but if you acknowledge the debt it may give them the ability to go after you in Court.

That is why the first line in the letter is.....

This letter is to inform you that the validity of this debt is disputed.

Message 48 of 471
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Lori344 wrote:

BMWe30nut wrote:

That is why the first line in the letter is.....

This letter is to inform you that the validity of this debt is disputed.

Yep.. and paying never reages even if PFD fails.
Message 49 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Post - new here as well, great forums! I am going to use this sample for two medical claims I just discovered when pulling my reports on this site. Both seem to have been in my wife's name but since I was the primary on the insurance they are showing up on my reports.

Two questions:

1. In addition to the PFD to the CA should I also dispute the records directly with all three CRAs?

2. Can I dispute them with the CRAs on the grounds that they were my wife's accounts?

Thanks in advance!
Message 50 of 471
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.