Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Example Letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD Example Letter

Thanks Tuscany!! I should also say Macy's absolutely will not cooperate to renove late pays! Error on my part I was traveling and missed payment and they will not delete it. Anyone had luck? I called their Credit Dept.
Message 441 of 471
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

good one!! Short but to the pointSmiley Wink

Message 442 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Terrific. I will use this letter. thank you very much.

Message 443 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

How should this be worded if the debt is Valid and i know it? i need to pay a small med bill thats in collections  that is killing my  EQ report/score

Message 444 of 471
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

How should this be worded if the debt is Valid and i know it? i need to pay a small med bill thats in collections  that is killing my  EQ report/score

I still would never directly acknowledge the debt.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 445 of 471
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Rapid goose and blue
Please refer to the above sample letters for a PFD. Rapid goose; you have options. Please pm me.
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 446 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit: I found my answer Smiley Happy 

Message 447 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am i the only one who notes the word explicitly is spelled incorrectly? Smiley Tongue 

Message 448 of 471
Anonymous
Not applicable

So is this an order of steps, or should I do all at once? When I contact the OC (Thats original Creditor right?) and they say yes they will, do I send a letter to get it in writing?

Message 449 of 471
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So is this an order of steps, or should I do all at once? When I contact the OC (Thats original Creditor right?) and they say yes they will, do I send a letter to get it in writing?

If you are referring to my post on how to deal with medical collections then yes you want to do them one at a time in the order presented. OC is original creditor. If they will put it in writing its the gold standard but some wont and will only give verbal commitment dont let it derail you a verbal commitment is just as binding as one written. You can record the conversation as well if you are negotiating by phone.

Message 450 of 471
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.